Chapter Fifty Five

Chapter Fifty Five

"I don't understand. I don't understand why he would act like that," Niall mumbles under his breath.

I let a few more tears fall from my eyes as I reply, "I do. He doesn't actually care for me and he realised that when he was about to kiss me. Now he is acting cold and distant so I will leave."

"No. That's not it Mimi. That's not it," Niall says while standing up.

The elevator doors ding before opening, allowing us to get out. Niall holds out a hand to me and I take it, standing up and walking out of the elevator. He leads me down the hall, past Louis flat and down to another door. He pulls out a set of keys and opens the door, leading me inside.

He throws his keys on the table by the door, before heading into the what I'm guessing is the kitchen. I close the front door before following slowly behind him. When I walk in, Niall is putting a blue bag in the microwave.

"What's that?" I sniff.

"Popcorn. We're going to watch a movie," he smiles over at me.

I send him a nod before walking over and jumping up so I'm sitting on the counter. We wait in silence, the only sound being the popping of the corn kernels in the microwave. Suddenly a cold breeze blows over me so I rub my arms with my hands hoping to warm myself up.

"You cold?" he asks and I nod.

I watch him walk out of the room only to return a few minutes later with a blue hoodie in his hands. He walks up to me before lifting it up above my head. A few seconds later I can't see anything because of the sudden darkness.

"What the hell! Get me out! Please," I yell while moving around on the bench.

"Hey, no shhhh. Mimi it's just me. I'm putting the hoodie on you. Calm down love. It's okay," Niall whispers as he pulls the material down over my head.

I let out a sigh of relief when I see Niall standing there, a worried look on his face. It's not the relief of seeing Niall worried, it's the relief of being away from the darkness and seeing Niall in front of me. I hate the dark. Especially during the day. I hate the memories it has. Like being beaten until I'm knocked into the darkness.

"Here, put your arms in love," he says while helping me put my arms through the arm holes.

He pulls it down after my arms are in, before putting his hands around my waist and lifting me off the counter and on to the ground. The hoodie is a bit big on me but that's okay because it means it's extra warm.

"Thanks Ni," I mumble before placing a kiss on his cheek.

I watch as he blushes, the adorable little leprechaun, before heading over to the microwave where the popcorn is finished. He pulls it out before emptying it into a bowl. He grabs my hand and the bowl before leading me out of the room and into the living room.

"What movie would you like to watch?" Niall asks cheerily. 

"Whatever is fine. I like everything to be honest," I reply quietly.

"Awww cheer up love! I'm here to make you forget about that stupid boy with the name starting with 'L'. So, let's hear you say that sentence again shall we!" Niall retorts back enthusiastically.

"No thanks Ni. This isn't something i can just forget about. It runs a lot deeper than Louis," I sigh.

"Well then, tell brother Niall about it," he says while guiding me to the couch.

We both sit down, me with my legs crosses and Niall laying on his stomach, facing me, "It's not a happy story Niall. I don't thinks it's something you want to know."

Out of habit, I look down at the bandage on my arm. The one with the cut under it, "Is it about that woman that you and Lou were talking about yesterday?"

"Yeah Niall. It is. But I don't think I'm ready to share this story quite yet. Especially considering what happened when Harry found out," I say sadly, shuddering at the thought of Harry.

"How did Harry find out?" Niall questions.

 "Well, I was yelling at Lou this morning and Harry over heard. He asked Lou about it but Lou didn't want to tell him. Harry found me and for some stupid reason I ended up telling him and then he got mad and I freaked out and now I don't want to go near him," I sigh.

"Oh. I'm sorry Mim," Niall says quietly.

I shrug my shoulders, "It's whatever. You don't have to apologise cause you didn't do anything wrong."

"I know I didn't do anything but that doesn't mean I can't apologise. Now, let us cuddle while watching, ummm, oh I know! Titanic!"

"Okay Niall," I laugh.

"Have you ever seen this movie before?" he asks me while putting the disk in the DVD player.

"Uhh well, no. I haven't," I mumble, embarrassed.

"My littler baby almost twin! It's okay! Don't cry!" he sobs while jumping on the couch and wrapping me in his arms.

I look over at him with a da faqu? look on my face which cause Niall to burst out laughing, "Baby almost twin? Da hell you on Ni?"

"Nothing. It's just you're younger then me and you have blonde hair but you have green eyes. So you are now my official baby almost twin sister," Niall exclaims.

"You know, when I watched your video diaries, I always though that Louis was the strangest one in the band. Now I think my mind has mind has been changed," I laugh.

"No he is still the weirdest. I don't usually act this strange. I just wanted to cheer you up. And it worked too!" he yells before getting up and doing the Irish jig around the room.

I try to contain my giggles but I can't so I end up rolling around on the couch, tears coming from my eyes as I laugh at Niall. It gets worse when he decides to start doing their signature moves right in front of me. I start to laugh so hard that I don't even notice myself falling off the couch until I land with a thud on the floor.

"Owww!" I moan while grabbing my already bruised ribs.

"Are you okay love!" Niall yells while coming over to me.

He sees me clutching my ribs so he moves my hands and goes to reach for my shirt. When I finally realise what he is about to do, it's too late. I watch as his face contours into pain, sorrow and confusion all at the same time.

"Mimi," he gulps, "What are these?"

Ohhhhhh. So now Niall may or may not know... who knows. She may lie to him.

QOTC: How are you guys feeling about Louis being cold and distant towards Mimi?

Well, I honestly didn't want to write that part into the story. It broke my heart to think that Louis was about to hurt Mimi some more but there was nothing I could do. It had to be done. I'm really sorry :(

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo