Chapter Fifty Four

Chapter Fifty Four

I let the tears gather in my eyes but I will them not to fall. I try to hold them back as well as holding back the scream that I want to let out. How could he be so cold? How could he just brush me off as if I was nothing? How could he treat me like that?

Maybe Liam was right. Maybe he doesn't truly care about me. No! That is not true. If he didn't care about you he wouldn't have saved you from your mother. He wouldn't have calmed you every time you freaked out or cried. He wouldn't have tried to kiss you.

But none of it adds up. It's like Liam knew he would act like this. It's like he knew that Louis would come down here and blow me off as if I was nothing. It's like he knew that Louis would hurt me like this. But how could he know that? How could he be certain?

That's when I feel the tears falling down my cheeks. I cry so much these days I'm surprised there is any water in my body left for me to use as tears. I hold back a sob but it comes out strangled and broken. I can feel my heart breaking in my chest at the thought of Louis not caring about me anymore.

"Mimi? Are you okay?" I hear someone ask.

But I ignore them because it isn't the voice I want to hear. It isn't the voice I am longing to hear say my name. It isn't the voice I'm wishing would sound in my ear before wrapping me up in his arms. It's not the voice of the man I love.

Yes. I love him and I'm not ashamed of it. I've known for a while now but it only became absolutely certain when I realised that I couldn't live without him. It only really hit me at full force when I finally forgave him for not telling me the truth about who he was.

"Come on love. Let's go back up to the room, " I hear a heavy Irish accent whisper to me, "You boys go. We're just going to go back to my flat."

I feel Niall's arms around my waist, guiding me towards what I'm guessing is the elevator. I'm glad his arm is around my waist and he isn't letting me walk on my own because I can't see a single thing through all the tears that are blurring my vision.

I feel us stop for a second before we walk another few steps. When I hear the elevator doors shut, I finally break down. I fall to my knees, sobs racking my body. I place my head in my hands as I let the tears fall from my eyes. I let the pain and sadness tear me apart from the inside out.

I let the overwhelming sorrow eat up every ray of sunshine, filling in every gap that could allow any to get in. I let the pain take over my entire body until I feel numb and can no longer feel anything. I'm like a shell. 

I'm literally and empty body walking around. Talking. Acting as if I was any ordinary person. But on the inside I'm completely empty. On the inside there is nothing left to hurt. It's all be taken away. There is nothing left. And what scares me the most is wondering if I will ever get back to normal.

"Shhh, Mimi, shhh. It's okay love. It'll be okay," I hear Niall whisper in my ear as he rubs my back reassuringly.

"It's not okay Niall! Can't you see that!" I snap at him while looking up and into his blue eyes, "Can't you see that it's not okay? It never was and it never will be. Everything is being torn apart from the inside out. And soon there will be nothing left to destroy and then what? What will happen next?"

"That's not true love. Everything may look like it is falling away but all it takes is a bit of effort and everything can be fixed. It might not be exactly the same as it was before but it will be better then it being broken," Niall says as he pushes some of my hair out of my eyes.

"How can you say that? It's not true. All my life I've been trying to fix everything that has gone wrong. I've been trying to mend the holes and the cracks but as soon as I manage to fix one, another one appears somewhere else. It's an endless cycle. It never ends," I cry.

"That's because you were doing it on your own. If you had someone to help you, it wouldn't be so bad. And now you have me and Harry and Liam and Louis to help you," he mumbles.

"Now that's the biggest lie I've ever heard. First off, I'm not going anywhere near Harry," I spit while thinking back to him getting angry and yelling at me, "Second, Liam hates me and I don't exactly like him anymore either. Thirdly, since when have you cared about me? And lastly, we all know Louis has never cared about me."

Niall looks absolutely shocked at the words coming out of my mouth, "What are you talking about? Louis does care about you. I know he does. He told me himself."

"Well then, you're just another person he's lied too," I spit.

"He wasn't lying. I can tell you that with absolute certainty. I could see it in his eyes. He truly loves you Mim," Niall says quietly.

"Well, if he loves me so much, then why did he basically ignore me? Why did he push me off him as if I had some disease he didn't want to catch? Why did he act all cold and distant towards me?" I yell at Niall.

His face is full of confusion and shock. Niall keeps shaking his head as if he can't believe what he is hearing, "No. He wouldn't do that. Louis would never do that."

"Well he did Ni. Now what do you have to say?"

SECOND CHAPTER!!! YAY! I only have to write more today! But then I still have to start writing tomorrows and stuff. So I guess I'm not done lol.

I've put the trailer up the top again. Can you guys tell me what you think of it? I'd really love to know what you guys think.

QOTC: Do you think Mimi will forgive Louis for this?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo