Chapter Sixty Five

Chapter Sixty Five

*Louis' P.O.V*

I hear Mimi let out a quiet sigh before I pull away from her, taking a few steps back. I look up, my breath shaky, only to see Harry standing in the doorway, a confused look on his face. Why does everyone have to interrupt us when we're about to kiss? I don't understand.

"Hi Harry," I mumble quietly.

"I thought you were just coming in here to get answers?" he questions while looking between Louis and myself.

"I was but I don't know what happened," Mimi sighs while rubbing her arm.

"Why does this all have to be so complicated?" Harry mutters under his breath but I hear him.

"Uhhh, if you boys don't mind, can I go have a shower and get into some of my own clothes?" Mimi asks after a few moments of silence.

"Sure," Harry smiles.

I watch as she starts to walk towards the door but she stop and turns around, looking me straight in the eye, "I'm going to talk to you again after I have a shower Louis. I'm not leaving without an answer."

Then she turns back around and walks out of the room, leaving me standing here with only the scent of her lingering on my skin. I can still feel her waist under my hands, her skin soft on my fingers. I can still smell her minty breath as he breathes in and out at an irregular pace. I can still see her beautiful green eyes as they stare into my own.

A loud cough snaps me out of my trance and I look up to see Harry standing there with his arms crossed over his bare chest. Here we go. I am going to get some stupid lecture from him too. I mean seriously, I don't want another lecture.

"So Louis," he says, dragging out my name.

"So Harry," I reply in the exact same tone.

"Why were you trying to kiss Mimi over there?" he asks while raising his eyebrow at me.

Why was I trying to kiss her? Oh yeah, because I love her and I never got to kiss her the other day. Yes, I know that I keep saying I don't care about her but I have my reasons. The reasons suck because all I want to do is be with her and keep her safe.

But to keep her safe, I have to push her away. I have to lie to her and the boys and tell them that I don't love her. I have to act like I don't care. That's the only way I can keep her safe. It's the only way I can stop her from getting hurt.

"I don't know. I was just caught up in the moment I guess."

Lie.

"Louis, you know I don't believe that for a second right?" Harry sighs before jumping over the back of the couch so he can sit down.

"Well you should," I shrug, "It's true."

I hate lying to my best mate but I can't tell him the truth. I mean, what will he think of me? He'll think I'm an idiot or he'll think that I'm crazy. He might even tell Mimi. The point of me acting like this is so she doesn't get hurt but if she finds out then it will be for nothing.

"Louis," Harry warns me.

"What?" I ask as I sit down on the other couch.

"I want the truth Lou. We're best mates, we're supposed to tell each other everything. We aren't supposed to keep giant secrets from each other," he sighs.

As much as I want to tell him this, I can't. I don't think he will agree with me. He won't understand what I mean when I say that this is the only way to keep her safe. He will probably yell at me for being stupid and then he will force me to go tell her.

And when I say force, I mean he will use those puppy dog eyes that he knows I can't resist.

"What's to tell?" I lie, "I've told you everything."

"You haven't told me why you are suddenly acting like this though Lou," Harry exclaims while standing up.

I look over at him, worried that he will do something rash. Sometimes when I don't tell him things, he gets angry and basically forces me to tell him. This is why I don't keep secrets from him, as much as I want too.

"Harry, I want to tell you, trust me, I do. But I can't tell you this. You will call me stupid or think I'm crazy and I can't risk that," I sigh, finally telling him something true.

"I won't boobear. I promise you. I just can't stand you acting like this anymore. I can tell this is pulling you apart, as much as you deny it," Harry states while sitting down next to me.

"I know. It's killing me to act like this. I hate hurting her like this but in the long run, it will be better," I utter quietly as I place my head in my hands.

"So you still care about her?" Harry questions.

"I've never stopped Harry. I'm so in love with her, you have no idea. All I want is to be able to kiss her and call her mine but I can't!" I exclaim into my hands.

"Why can't you do that?" Harry asks, clearly confused.

"Because, if we start dating, when the fans find out all she is going to get is hate. That's all any of our girlfriends get. And I don't want to do that to her. She is fragile enough, imagine if she got hate. It would hurt her even more!"

"So you don't want to date her because she will get hate and it will hurt her even more? That's why you're acting like this?"

I can hear the shock in his voice. He can obviously tell that I didn't think about this myself. I mean, when I fall in love with a girl, I don't think about how the hate will affect them. I just think about how happy we will be together. But then she always ends up getting hate and I hate myself for bringing her into this mess that is my world.

"It's the only way to keep her safe," I mumble.

"Who told you that Lou? Don't lie to me now Lou. Just tell me," Harry says.

I take a deep breath as I prepare myself to face reality, "Liam."

AHHHHHHHHH! So that is what's going on guys. That is why our beloved LouLou is acting like the biggest douche in the world. What do you all think? Is he stupid for doing it or does it make a bit of sense now?

QOTC: What do you think Harry will say to Louis?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo