Chapter 11: De-stress (All)

A loud voice brought me back to consciousness. I couldn't yet open my eyes; I was too groggy. None of my limbs wanted to move either, so I lay and listened instead.

"So she's definitely a vessel for that bitch?" 

The voice was distinctly Ayato's. There was a lot of rustling like someone was pacing back and forth. 

"It seems so," Reiji agreed from beside me. 

"We could all do without her, I want Miyako! Not her!"

"Keep your voice down," Subaru ordered and I felt him squeeze my hand. 

"I don't want Mother back either," Kanato added, I could imagine him squeezing Teddy against his chest. "She wasn't as kind as Miyako is."

"I think we can all agree on that," Shuu muttered from my feet and I felt the bedding shift as he changed positions. "That woman is too troublesome to stay in Miyako's body anyhow."

"I've been researching something that might help her condition, but it may take some time," Reiji provided. My fingers were tingling and I found I could twitch them. "For now we should keep her from becoming needlessly stressed to avoid triggering Cordelia."

"Miyako?" 

"Subaru," I answered in a low rasp. 

"How are you feeling?" Reiji asked and I managed to open my eyes. 

"Heavy, like I can't move too well."

"Don't panic, that's a side effect."

"You mentioned that I should avoid stress," I muttered, looking up at Reiji. My eyes felt so heavy... "Maybe we should take a vacation. Just to somewhere close."

"Go back to sleep, Miyako."

I obeyed whether I wanted to or not. 

~

"Miyako come out of the bathroom!" Ayato growled, but I shook my head uncertainly. "This was your idea!"

"I know, but I'm just a little nervous."

"Tch, there's no reason."

"Okay, I'm coming."

I pushed the changing room door open and stepped outside in my bikini. Ayato took a few steps back, his eyes wide.

"Stop staring, Ayato, it's rude," chastised Reiji.

"Where have you been hiding those all this time?" Laito asked, sauntering up behind me and wrapping a hand around to grope my breasts. I squeaked at his firm touch and slipped out of his grasp, holding the suit firmly. Still, at least they were more interested in my breasts than the stretching scar that traced my sternum. "Uh, oh now your nipples are hard, nfu~"

"It's cold," I bit out stubbornly.

I myself was in a midnight purple triangle bikini with white outlining while each of the brothers sported swim trunks. Reiji had even taken his gloves off for the occasion. Shuu had a shirt on and seemed intent on lying out on a deck chair while the rest of us enjoyed the indoor spa. It was a goal of mine to get him on at least one water slide. Kanato held Teddy close to him; I wasn't sure how well the bear was going to stand up to the chlorine, but the lilac haired vampire seemed to have no intent on letting it go.

The indoor waterpark was famous across the country for sporting more than twenty five different slides, six different main pools, and multiple smaller attractions including hot tubs and swim-up bars. Barefoot, I padded over to the main pool and dipped my toes into the water. It was a wave pool with tropical plants lining the sides to simulate an indoor paradise. As I stood at the edge, the water lapped at my feet. The pool room was relatively empty since Reiji had mentioned something about it being reserved for exclusive members for this week.