Chapter 19: A Soothing Subaru (Subaru, All)

[Warning; kinda violent later on]

"Subaru," I bit out, clenching my teeth.

I saw the albino vampire's face hover over mine, his red eyes were glistening warily. There was a gentle depression of the mattress as he tentatively sat down by my waist and leaned in.

"What do you want?"

"C'mere," I coaxed him, extending a hand needily.

"I'm here."

"Cuddle with me."

"W-what?"

"It will help the pain," I insisted through clenched teeth, writhing as another slow wave wracked my stomach. I'd taken painkiller – Reiji had me on a strict dosage – and now I just had to deal with whatever pain was leftover.

"Tch, no it won't."

"Ah!" I squeaked as pain throbbed, making me crumple my knees inward and roll away from him to lie on my side in fetal position.

"F-fine!"

Very awkwardly, he shuffled himself onto the bed, pulling closer until my back was flush to his belly. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him growing redder and redder like his face was ripening.

"Put your hand on my stomach."

"I-I can't if you're all balled up."

I straightened out slightly, still keeping my knees tucked up loosely. Subaru's arm draped over my waist and his hand gently found the fabric of my shirt lying above my belly. His body was too tense, so I pressed back into him, tilting my head back in an attempt to nuzzle at his chin.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Cuddling," I answered, sighing deeply then wincing. "You can relax you know."

"You're not relaxed."

"I'm in pain," I groaned out, resisting the urge to ball up again. "If you relax, it might help me to do so."

"W-what about this?"

His hand began circling the skin of my stomach, sending soothing ripples through my abdomen. Bit by bit my stomach began to unclench. The pain didn't entirely fade, but at least my muscles weren't hyperactive.

"Thanks," I breathed, letting my body melt against his. "That helps a lot."

Subaru grunted in answer, still evidently embarrassed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him pointedly, trying to get a glimpse of his face out of the corner of my eye.

"N-nothing; why would you think that!?"

"Because you're stuttering."

"That's n-nothing."

"Okay," I obliged, trying to let out a more belly-felt sigh.

"What."

"Huh?"

"What?!"

"I don't know!" I muttered indignantly, making to turn over and face Subaru, but stopping halfway when the pain stabbed into my midriff again. A yelp escaped my mouth and my tense-cuddle buddy jumped.

"Don't move!" he yelped in response, growing slightly panicked at how fragile I was.

"Well tell me what's going on with you!"

"Nothing," he said stubbornly again.

"Honestly," I growled, feeling irritation buzzing in my stomach. "Just spit it out, Subaru."