Ashley Walker

A spinoff to BrookieLynn1304 's Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better it's a great book and y'all should read it!

Being born a only child isn't all it's cracked up to be, my mother is a nurse, my dads a firefighter, and I hardly see both of them. I am sixteen and feel like neither one of them care for me, all I hear is about work, work, work and..

"-and please don't get into any fights or anything Ashley" my mother said as she pulled up beside the school, I sighed "Yes mom" I said, and looked out my window at teen prison before grabbing my book bag and stepping onto the sidewalk, I watched my mother pull away, and I lifted my book bag onto my shoulder before going in.

I walked to the Principals office and Mrs. Murdon gave me a smile "Ashley Walker?" She asked, I nodded "Well, here is your list of classes... your student ID, and I need your signature on it right here" she said, pointing me to the bottom of the card, I took a black pen and wrote in cursive Ashley Walker then grabbed my class list.

The day drug on, and on people snarling their noses at me, and laughing because I was dressed in black cowgirl boots, a bandana around my neck, a black shirt, a paid button up over it, and ripped jeans, I let my hair fall in my face as I walked to the girls bathroom.

I locked myself in a bathroom stall and leaned against the wall, then looked up at the ceiling before hearing a toilet flush and "-Did you see the new girl? Total Southern dork" a girl giggled, another replied "No I haven't yet, someone told me she was wearing overalls" she gossiped.

I hung my head and heard the bathroom door shut, I came out of the stall and dropped my book bag to my feet, I looked at myself in the mirror "I don't belong here" I told myself before frowning, and shaking my head.

"I wouldn't listen to those girls if I we're you, those are just the school sluts. Do anything for a guy to bang" a girl said, and I heard a toilet flush as a blonde came out of the stall, she smiled "I'm Jillian."

"Ashley."

She smiled and started washing her hands "Those girls are bitches, I wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with girls like that" she said, and looked at me looking at my clothes "Your different and.. from Texas" she said.

"Alabama."

"Right. Southerner, but hey look at me I bet your thinking I wish this Yankee chick would walk away but sorry I'm not." She turned the water off and dried her hands before looking at me and smiling "Your pretty. Just need to dress a little different, and people won't bully you here, but I may be able to help you with that."

She came towards me and I walked backwards a little, she laughed "Chill, okay? I'm not going to hurt ya" she said, and ripped my long sleeved button up to where it was vest like, she smiled and threw away the long sleeves "Better. Not as down south, but still your style" Jillian said, and smiled looping her arm through mine "Stick with me, no one will ever bully you again."

"Cool."

"Call me Jill, Ash" she said, I frowned "Ash?"

"Yeah, a nickname."

I smiled "I've never had a nickname before" I said, she smiled "Well, there is a first for everything I'm seventeen and in eleventh."

"I'm sixteen and in eleventh. "

I have always been a year younger then everyone in my grade, Jill smiled "I bet we have the same classes, want to sit by me at lunch?" She asked, I nodded and smiled as we walked down the hall.