Sweet Home Alabama

"I wish I could be there with you, but my mom needs me" I tell C.C. into the phone. I'm at the rehabilitation center in Gadsden Alabama, he was back in Brooklyn with his mom, Bee and the others, me and Jil went to Bama to check on my mom. I sigh "I know, don't feel bad baby, I know your mom needs you" he told me "Don't beat yourself up, I'm fine. How is Mrs. Walker?" He asked.

"Fine. She just want one beer badly, I don't like seeing my mom suffer" I say, he made a noise "Maybe I should fly down-"

"No! Your mom and sister need you, I'm just a girlfriend. Blood means more than some random person, C.C... I gotta go. Bye Teddy Bear."

"Bye baby."

We hang up and I go back to my moms room, Jil stands near the window and my mom is sitting up in bed, her hair was graying and her blue eyes we're smiling when she saw me "Tinker bell" she said "Come sit beside me."

I did and I hugged my mom like when I was little. She's the only parent I got left, I don't know what I would do without her, she always calls me Tinker Bell. Jil sits down inaa chair and smiles "You want something to eat Mrs Walk?" She asked.

Mom laughed, it sounded like bells, and smiled at Jilly "Some cherry Jello? Oh and a coke please dear?" She said, Jil nodded "Ash, you want anything?" I shake my head and she walks off, I haven't ate since we landed earlier but, I will be fine.

"Jil said you we're talking to your boyfriend?" She said, I nod and sit up on the side of her bed "Well? Got a picture?" I walk to my purse and grab my billfoe, I pull out the picture of me and C.C. Jil had took and show it to my mom, she smiles "He's a handsome young man, Tinker Bell."

"He is so sweet momma, he treats me so well" I say, and sit down "I want you to meet him and his sister and his band, and Jamie. They are all so nice and great friends."

She chuckles "Seems from how Jill talks you are all family." I shrug "I don't think they consider me family."

She rolls her eyes "Nonsense. And why would they want to meet a old fort eight year old woman?" She asked, I smiled "Momma your not that bad. They would love ya" I said, and she runs a hand through my hair, and I look down at mine and my guys picture "As long as it's before a year."

I look around at her "Why before a yea-" I stop, her look tells me all I need to know "Momma-momma are dying-?" I choke out, she nods, and I frown "Momma-"

"Ashley Marie Walker. Don't say it. Ill be with your daddy then" she said, and a tear falls down on my face "Ashley, baby" momma coos and I crawl up to where I am sitting beside her as she hugs me.

"Everything is gonna be okay baby. I swear."

"Jilly, I don't-I don't know what to do" I say as we sit in the hotel, I put my head in my hands "Want me to call C.C? He could... cheer you up?" She offered, I shook my head "I'm not gonna tell them. I'm just gonna tell them they should fly to Alabama and meet my momma eventually" I said, and Jil comes over and hugs me.

"Ash, your not alone. You got three best friends, and a guy who love you dearly. You won't go through this alone" she said, and bops me on the head with a smile, I nod and gulp.

Why my momma?