Chapter One: The Very, Very Not Good Night

I wake up from my recent shelter in the middle of the night to a chilling sensation that ran through my body. I sit up looking down at my rugged blanket and realized that it was a little bit short. Gotta love winter here in New York City. Then it hit me as if I just ran into a brick wall, I need to practically steal another blanket from a laundry line. I know it's the wrong thing to do, but I'm desperate for a new blanket. Or I can even snatch one from a near by dumpster. Since who ever hangs stuff out to dry in the middle of winter it will freeze before it dries. I look down at the blanket that's poorly covering my body, it's better than nothing. Yeah, I can change into a wolf but I have a ton of bald spots because the wounds never healed so then I will freeze to death.

"Think, Faith, think. Where would you get a blanket that's not torn to shreds and that is big enough to keep you warm," I ask myself. Finding someone willing to hand a blanket to a complete mutant isn't really heart warming. Everyone runs away who lay eyes on me. A monster. "Maybe I can become someone's temporary pet. Nah, never mind don't want to go through that again."

I already was a pet of some old lady. She said that I was her long lost cat named Midnight. Probably because of my black wolf form but then again what cat would want their owners to let them outside in the spring time and never return? I remember that old lady, but once I left her she died of depression because I was her pet cat. I really can't blame her since she was really old and didn't know what she was doing. God, I loved her. But ever since I left I became really lonely and I had nobody to talk to or anyone to care for me.  There's a shadow that runs past my shelter.

I managed to stay quite. But the shadow... now there's four? All the shadows stop by my shelter for a couple seconds but went back to moving. A let out a breathe I was holing in. At least they left. I mind as well search for new shelter or at least a new hiding spot. At this rate I will move around faster than the Olympics runners, and they are really fast. I watch the Winter Olympics with the old lady. For an old lady she sure loved her sports. I slowly and carefully get up and leave everything like my blanket and my bed made of foam behind. I grab my money that I found on the streets and my extra clothing I snagged during the autumn time.

Once I exit the temporary home I begin running around hoping to find a new place. Preferably an abandoned building, at least there I won't have to worry about Mother Nature and her curse, called weather. But who would leave an abandoned building alone. Surely it will be torn down at some point. Better than nothing. Where would they even be located? Downtown? By the building called TCRI? That's seems accurate. But then again, I will be risking of be kicked out of there. I wouldn't know until I try.

I sniff the air around me to make sure it was safe. I pick up nothing. I begin walking around. Still nothing. I should have grabbed my blanket, I am shivering really bad. Why does it have to be winter? I suddenly smell something, almost dog like. I know it isn't me. I sniff around once more and followed the scent. It lead me to a rooftop of an apartment building. I find the fire escape and climb up. I was just about to reach the top when my wrist was grabbed firmly. The hand that grabbed me was almost skeleton like, scratch that it was a skeleton hand. They pulled me up. I sniffed the air that was the scent I was following.

"Hey, isn't past your bedtime," he joked in a very raw raspy voice.

"No. Don't you have some territory to defend or mark," I shot back.

A girl showed up with black hair with blonde underneath. An outfit full of black and some some armor on her stomach and chest area. A weapon on her side in its sheath. A very ruby red lipstick painting her lips. She looks like a clown. And not the good kind. She stepped forward injecting something in my bloodstream. I almost feel sleepiness invade me. Before I can fully close my eyes the skeleton dog thing and the girl laugh they say something that I don't quite pickup do to my lack in senses. I really hope they don't kill me and try to eat me. I'm all skin and bones nothing else.