Chapter thirteen: The new mutant (Mikey's POV )

As Faith ran off, we didn't know what to do. I mean we lost the person I was going to ask to be my best friend. But I can ask the other mutant to be my best friend. My question is why did Faith try to attack the cat. I just shake it all off and head back to the lair. Yes, I know I just lost someone and shake it off like they were never there. I walk into the lair to be greeted by the cat mutant. Aww... she's so adorable. Faith saw Icecream Kitty and she never lashed out at her, what made her lash out at this one.
"Hey, kitty. Do you have a name," I ask looking for some kind of identification.
The mutant turned back to human. Her eyes were too different colors, one was reddish-brown and the other one was green. Her hair was carmel brown. She was really skinny and it made it look like she hasn't been eating. And finally she looked like a little kid, so at least five.
"No," she responded quietly. "Mummy and Papa abandoned me."
This made me want to cry. That's really sad. Then I thought want happened if Sensei abandoned us as kids. Just the thought of it counts... right?
"Do you want to have a name," I asked.
"Yes, pwease," she answered.
I started thinking of names. I want it to be something similar to Faith. Grace? Hope? Destiny? I got it...
"How does Harmony sound," I ask.
She nodded. Not long after my brothers came back.
"Hey bros. I named her. Her name's Harmony," I say to them.
Raph didn't look like he cared. Leo gave me a look saying "did you ask Master Splinter." Donnie just examined Harmony.
"And just so you guys know I was about to ask Sensei," I exclaimed nervously.
"This I've got to see," Raph whispered while smirking.
"Okay but after we need to look for Faith," Leo ordered.
We all walk to the dojo and see Master Splinter meditating. Once we enter we all kneel in front of him full of respect. We all look up to see Sensei looking at us. Harmony was sitting next to me trying to copy me actions.
"What can I do for you my sons? Training doesn't start in an hour, or until April shows up," Sensei said. "And who might this young one be?"
We all looked at Harmony. Waiting for her to respond. She didn't. Then my brothers all look at me.
"Umm... Sensei, we found her in the sewers and well Karai did something to Faith and she tried biting her. And she almost bit Leo and Donnie," I began as Splinter looked very interested in the story. "So I brought her here after Faith ran off. We started looking for her. When we did, she ran off to the surface. Then I came back and she said she had no name so I named her... Harmony."
Sensei looked at me and stroked his beard thinking deeply. We all look at him waiting his answer.
"We may keep her. On one condition keep her well fed and bathed," Sensei answered.
I looked at Harmony who had a thankful smile on her face. I smiled.
"Come on Harmony, we need to get you some food," I said as I grabbed her tiny hand and walk out of the dojo.
"Thank you...," She began then I realized I never told her my name.
"Michaelangelo. But you can call me Mikey," I say.
We walk into the kitchen and I put her on one of the stools, since she was way too short to actually get on by herself. I open the fridge and pull out some left over pizza and what's left of our pizza gyoza. I look over at her to see her getting really excited about the food.
"Okay do you want pizza or pizza gyoza," I ask.
"What's pizza," Harmony asks in confusion.
"You never had pizza before," I ask.
Harmony shakes her head no. Just like Faith really never had pizza until I made her taste it.
"Well today's your lucky day. Here," I say as I hand Harmony a slice.
Harmony took it and well she took a small bite and seemed to like it.
"Yummy," Harmony gushed.
"So you like it," I ask.
"Best food I ever tasted," she responds.
"The best food you tried so far," I playfully corrected her.
Suddenly Donnie and Leo came running in.
"Mikey when your done we need to go," Leo said out of breath.
"Why, did Faith forget her sun block," I ask.
"No, April and Casey found her," Donnie responds.
"Is Faith alright," I ask.
"Its easier to see then to hear Mikey," Leo answers.