18. Telling Mom

August 30

Today was the day i was going to tell my mom that i was pregnant.

I walked into the kitchen where my mother was sitting at the breakfast island/bar, eating some cut up fruit and reading the daily newspaper.

She didnt have to work today so i thought today would be the day.

Shes probably going to get emotional and that wouldnt be good if she had to work.

"Here's your pancakes that you asked for!" my mom said pointing to 5 fluffy homemade pancakes with maple syrup that was sat on a glass plate on the stove. I scarfed them down into 2.3 seconds. Not really but you get the point.

"Gosh Kinley are you pregnant or something?" my mom joked. 

Not the time to be joking about someone being pregnant.

When she didnt get a reply she looked up from the newspaper and over her reading glasses, wondering why i havent answered.

I looked down at my last pancake and began prodding at them.

I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. She knew i was pregnant by now. She just sat their looking at me waiting for me to whine and say that i was wasnt pregnant.

Which was a lie.

"Im sorry!" i said bawling at this point.

"Oh McKinley! Please tell me this is some kind of joke even though this isnt anything to be joking about." She said and she started crying herself.

"Im sorry!" i repeated.

She comforted me. "Are you one-hundred percent sure?" she asked.

"Yea i took four different tests and they all had two lines saying i was pregnant." i cried.

"When did this happen?"

"On the 4 of July cookout! You know how me and Luke wondered off?" She shook her head.

"Well i told him the story about how my ex cheated on me. He comforted me and we went back to the house to watch a movie." i looked at her and she nodded for me to continue,

"I changed clothes and crawled into bed laying beside, next thing you know we were kissing and then one thing led to another." i told her crying. "Im sorry! This was the first time anything had happened like that between us. He took my virginity."

"Its ok! Im kind of happy but that doesn't mean im not disappointed in you...and Luke." she said smiling but said in a stern voice, and whipping her and my own tears. "When did you find out?"

"Yesterday."

"Why didnt you tell me?" asked my mom.

"When i started making conclusions i was scarred and thought you would be mad. Then when i went to the stores and bought the test and it turned out positive i was in shock." i told her and she just hugged me.

"I knew i shouldn't let you two hang out." she said recalling the memory of the cookout and her saying she wasnt going to let me hang out with them.

"Do you want me to tell your father?" she said stroking my hair.

"Please!" i said she went to my fathers office.

After a few minutes i could here my father yelling. I couldnt make out what he was saying or what my mother was saying.

I just sat their waiting for someone to come.

I felt like a screw up.

I was a screw up.

My mother come in.

"He wants to talk to you."

I walked into his office and took a seat in a big leather chair that was cold on my legs. 

Here i go at picking my nail polish off.

"Kinley, im very disappointed in you." I shook my head. "I want you to know that i will be their for you...and the baby even though i dont approve of this. Heck im gonna be a grandfather. Just one thing... What the HELL where you thinking?" he asked with a bit of anger. More like a lot of anger.

"To be honest, i have no idea. It just... sorta happened. Im very sorry." i said getting up and hugging him.

"Did you not use protection?" he asked.

I shock my head no.

"I would like to get ahold of his ass." my dad laughed.

"All im saying it that the next time you see him please dont kill him, he has to be here for mine and his child." he shook his head and i left.

I walked back in the kitchen and greeted my mom.

"I have you an appointment set on September 26 and ill go will you if you want."

"That will be great and Thanks mom... I love you!"

"Anytime and I love you too."

I guess my parent could'nt say to much my mom was 16 and my dad was 18 when they had me.

"How are you going to tell your friends and Luke?" she asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "I want to tell him in person but its kinda hard when he across the world from me." i said.

"I guess you will have to call him." she said.

"Yeah, i guess. Please dont tell anyone yet, expecally Gina or say anything around my friends." i told her.

"Ok!" she said and she started to cry again and walked to my dads office again.

"I thought we taught her better than that Kenny." my mom cried and i sighed.

"I thought we did to but i guess she proved us wrong." i heard my dad. They have lost all trust in me.

I walked into my bathroom and shut the door. I took my clothes off and got in the shower.

I was standing their crying, letting the scolding water beads, beat on my back, i leaned on the wall and ended up sliding down the wall and sitting down in the shower crying my heart out, while water streamed down on me.

All you could here was water beads hitting the tile and me crying.

Im such a mess.

An hour later i got out the shower after i had used all the hot water. 

I stood in front of the mirror looking at my stomach.

I still couldnt believe a human being was growing inside of me. 

I had to take care of it for nine months in my stomach then for 18 years once its born.

Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/sleep/set?id=89525299

Even though it was morning i went to bed and cried until i went to sleep.

I felt like a failure. My parents are disappointed in me. 

At three in the morning i woke up.

I grabbed my remote and flicked on the tv.

'Lovely 16 and Pregnant is on.' i said to myself.

I watched a couple episodes and went to the bathroom. I hope im not like some of those girls some of the fathers are dicks and others are their, then you have some mothers that are just dead beat.

After another 2 episodes i felt tired, turned off my tv and pulled the covers up to my chin and fell into a deep sleep, that was very much needed.