21. Breaking the News

Oct 2

Almost 3 Months (Almost 13 weeks)

Mom told me that i had to tell my family today.

I was dreading it. Im first going to tell cousin Sara. She's been through thing. Im gonna get her advice then tell the rest of the family.

I drove over to my uncle Steve and aunt Angie's house, Sara's parents.

I knocked on the door and Angie opened the door."Hey Kinley! How are you?"

"Good! Is Sara around?" I asked as she lead me into the living room.

"Yeah, shes up in her room you can go up their if you'd like!" She said and i went up to her room.

She saw me at the door. "Hey Kin! What are you doing here?" She asked putting Riley in her crib.

"Umm, just wanted to talk and get some advice." She looked at me oddly.

"Ok, shoot!"

"You remember Luke, right?"

"Yes!" and she moved her hands, motioning for me to continue.

"The 4th of July cookout?" she nodded.

"And how me and Luke left?"

"Yeah!"

"Well we went walking along the trail and ended up going back to to the house to watch a movie, we didnt watch a movie we ahh... well... umm ending up testing the cute baby theory!" So looked shocked but not in a judging way. I knew she wasn't going to judge me.

"No way you two had sex? I knew you two had a thing."

"I promise nothing had ever happened until that night and well im pregnant."i said tearing up.

"Oh im sorry!" she said hugging me. "How far along are you?"

"I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow!" i said raising my shirt up and showing her my bump.

"Aww look at that little belly!" she cooed gropping my stomach. "How did you parents take it?"

"Well my mom cried said she didnt approve and that she would help me get through it. My dad said the same thing and i quote 'What the hell where you thinking?"

"Thats so weird, just that day you told everybody that nothing was going on and then the cute baby theory."

"Then my mom said she was not going to let us hang out anymore!"

"Very ironic!"

I shook my head. "Yeah it was. Oh yeah, i had sex with him again the next day." i told her the whole story.

"WOW! My baby cuz had sex witha guy, that she said nothing was going on, twice and the second time a public bathroom. Wow...just WOW!" she laughed.

"Well i better tell your parents." we walked downt to the living room and they were sitting and watching TV.

"Hey mom... dad..., Kin has something to tell you."

"Im pregnant!"

"I knew she was pregnant Steve now give me my 20 bucks." and slapped him and he reached in pocket and grabbed a 20.

"Congradulations!" she hugged me and Steve did the same.

"So you were making bets on me?" I asked.

"Yeah I guess we were!"

I left their house and and went to my aunts work.

I pulled in the parking lot at her work and went in. She was sitting at her desk typing on her computer.

"Hey Kinley!" Donna said.

"Hey I have some news! Im pregnant!"

"I knew thats were you and Luke went that nigh." How the... My eye brows knitting together.

"How did you know it was him?" I asked.

"I dont know... i just had this feeling." She was freaky like that.

I got back home and my mom had called the rest of my family and told them the news.

But the thing i dreaded the most... telling my grandparents.

My mom made resevervations at a restraint, with both my grandparent Adams and Wallace.

I got ready for dinner and puked a few times before we had to leave. For one the nerves and for to the baby.

"Ready?" My dad asked.

"Nope! Ready as i'll ever be!" i said shrugging.

We left and arrived at the restraint.

My grandparents were already sitting at the table having a conversation.

"Sorry we're late, Kinley got sick!" My mom explained.

"What is she? Pregnant?" Not funny paps. He's always been a jokester I guess that's where my mom gets it from. I choked on my spite and my mom slapped me in the back. 

What's up with this family and asking that question???

"Actually, yea?" I said and it came out more as a question.

"What have I told you about keeping your panties on?" Oh here we go with Paps again. "I want to meet the guy that knocked my granddaughter up."

"DAD!" my mom yelled.

"JOHN, that wasn't very nice." My grandmother scolded him.

"He actually doesn't live here and he doesn't know." i said taking interest in my empty plate.

"MCKINLEY PARIS, you haven't told Luke your carrying his child?" I shook my head.

"Luke? You mean that friend of yours that was at the cookout?" My dads, father asked.

"Yeah, that's him!" My dad said.

"I thought you said nothing was happening between you all?" My Nanna (dads, mother) said.

"Their wasn't until that night and it just kinda happened." i said finally looking up at her.

"You just sorta had sex?" Paps yelled. Oh dear god now everybody was starring at us. Now they think im a whore.

"I can't take this anymore!" I threw my napkin down and stormed out.

"Dad calm down she's pregnant and very emotional. Don't stress her out." I heard my mom tell Paps.

Where I was at I could here them yelling.

"What where you doing having a guys staying in your house?" Papaw asked my dad.

"She told us nothing was going on and we believed her." My dad told him and my mom agreed.

After a few seconds my Nanna came out.

"Are you ok?" she asked hugging me.

"No, everything is screwed up." i cried. "My best friend 'knocked me up, he doesnt even know that im pregnant!" and she whipped a tear that ran down my cheek.

"Its going to be ok we'll help you get through this, come in and finish eating." I followed Nanna back in.

"Sorry, Honey!" Paps apologized.

"Its ok, i understand that its a shocker and that im to young to be a mother, but i will be the best mother i can possible me." i said and and it was the truth.

"We know you will be. Its just that we dont want it to ruin your childhood." My grandmother told me. 

"Yeah i understand and i know your disappointed in me. But i guess you have to pay." and they laughed and nodded their heads.

**********************************************************************

Follow Vote and Comment please

Thanks

That went well...