23. Super Human

(Rachel's POV)

It was another Sunday morning in mid-October and we were back in the American soil. This time it's the bright sunny Los Angeles and everything seems to be more glamorous and full of life. The boys were having a few days break for their writing sessions and that made most of us feel rested till they return for the next concert. The work around the Dodger Stadium is on slow progress, but with fun, laughter and funky dress ups the days went by.

There I was, standing in front of the half built stage with my hype friend Jazz, testing the lighting arrangements. The sounds and the lighting are controlled in the same room and it was constructed few meters away from the centre stage, so the techs can see every single movement perfectly from up here. It was around 8 in the morning and as usual we are In top gear. The surrounding was empty other than the carpenters on the stage. It's like we are all inside a deep parched well. But the fresh morning breeze and the thought of having no responsibilities were boosting my energy like a full sugar rush. But every perfect day always has to have a little hitch.

'I know the consequences, Uncle Paul.' I said, pacing to and fro inside the little cabin with one hand on my hip. The control cabin has no roof or windows, and because of its height I felt like I am on top of the world. But this phone conversation was letting me down.

'It was purely out of intension. You have to believe me. And I didn't break any freaking laws! Do you want me to read the whole book of R & R for you?' After listening to the long speech I replied to Uncle Paul. Okey. He was really pissed by my last sentence. For the record, I did memorize the whole rule book so nobody dares to point at me. (Pssts! To break the rules you must know it first!)

'Understood.' I hold my phone away from my ear and put my tongue out, and placed it back to listen to what else he needed to say. Finally, I got my chance back, thus I spoke, 'I'll promise never to do any innocent act a teenage girl is yearning for. Here I cross my heart.' With a smirkish grin I disconnected the phone. Turning back to face the huge space ahead of me, I walked towards Jazz who was playing with the little buttons.

'I told you.' While turning her gaze to the far corner of the stadium that was all she said. I followed her sight and back at the control board. Scanning through the board, a big red button just popped up among the billions of other switches which caught my eyes. Without a second thought my hand moved and placed on top of it and pushed. I didn't get a chance to see what it did, because I knew my time here was just expired following a loud scream made by my pal.

'WHAT THE HELL, RACHEL JAMES?'

Jazz, with both her hands on her head turned to me. We were standing face to face and I was so sure my eyes were gleaming with surprise mixed joy, just because I made Jazz angry. My day's gonna be epic, starting from now on.

'It was so mysterious. I couldn't resist that little guy there.' With a puppy dog face I tried to prove my innocence, and continued, 'But I didn't get to see the effect.'

All I could see was the burning flames through her eyes.

'Can I try it again?' with a smirk on my face I moved my hand back to the button, but Jazz was too quick to throw her hand to eliminate whatever the damage I was about to repeat.

'Don't you dare touch that or anything that belongs to this room.' She went on. Her voice was almost in high pitch. 'Haven't you seen the results of touching the things that clearly state "NO TOUCHING"? It's in every movie and each time they say do not touch, a psycho like you do the opposite just because you think it's so shiny.'