6. Miss. Hatty

Songs for this chapter

This is how we do - katy Perry

Fireworks - Katy Perry

(Rachel's POV)

It was the end of another day, with twisted scenes and doubts. But the concert was a success. Ross said the sales have gone up and the management might add a few more tour dates for the sake of the requests. I'm hoping to be there as a crew member as long as the guys don't fire me. They returned to their hotel after the concert, because they had to catch an early flight to New York the next morning.

Due to the accident, yesterday I was given a break. So I took my leave and spent the whole day in the hotel room and after a tiresome night which was a result of Jazz's stupidity, here I am at the lone stadium, in the late morning. There's particularly nowhere to go and even my friends were in deep sleep, so I came back to the stadium to spend time. The hallways, rooms and the back garage are all empty now. There are no busy people or golf carts anymore. So I slowly walk pass different rooms and stopped near a stair case. To find out where it goes, I start climbing it with curiosity. In the end of the stair case is a dark brown door. I run my hand over the cold handle and unlock the door to see what's on the other side. The sudden brightness made me go blind for a second but when my eyes adjusted to it, the sight made my mind go wild. I'm in the other side of the stadium where I can see the concert stage remaining majestically in front of me. The stage is still there though the lights and the other stuff has been already removed. I'm standing on the second floor of the audience surrounded by thousands of empty seats. After climbing down a few steps to the front line, I sat with my legs setting on the front bar. The place is so mesmerizing. I start wondering and guessing about the girl who sat here, and her reactions for the boys' singing and their jokes. Everything looks empty now. Even the atmosphere looks calm, but there's something missing. I wonder what the boys feel after a concert. Can they bare the silence?

Almost all the staff has flown to New York to begin the same routing we are having from the first concert. But I'm still here with my buddies because we missed our flight yesterday, due to a really stupid quarrel.

~~~

As always, Jazz and I began our fight over the window seat. Ross had made a rule that benefits both of us when it comes to travelling. According to her, each will get a chance to sit near the window for an hour. This was a better idea comparing to the one before. Previously, we got the seat as first come first served basis, but it ended up pretty badly, Jazz with a broken leg.

We were following our agreement for a few months until yesterday. We were packing our bags and Jazz mentioned it was her turn to sit first. But what I recalled was that she got her chance last time and now it's mine. That was the beginning of the fight which didn't end till we stepped out of the hotel.

As it was midnight we had to walk down the road to catch a taxi and I was trying to halt a one.

'That seat is reserved under my name.' While fixing her wrist watch, Jazz said.

'Not this again!' Aliya shook her head with disappointment. And I walked back to Jazz with a boiling anger. I stopped between Aliya and Ross, facing Jazz.

'Last time it was under mine, but I gave it to you. Remember?' My hands came up and crossed under the chest. It's so frustrating to fight over a seat but I was desperate to have my chance.

'I don't care. What I know is that you took your chance last time.' Jazz screamed. That night was so cold which made us all wear our knee length coats and our body heat escaped from our mouths when we spoke. It was a residential area and the dim lights were flickering unevenly.