37. Heartbeat

(Niall's POV)

Not a wink of sleep reached me tonight, so I wander around the unfamiliar building which gives a familiar feeling yet to come. I couldn't reach Rachel anymore. She has gone far away from my hold. And here I am, in her place trapped, yearning for recognition that I doubt would never receive from her end.

Everyone had gone to bed so the silence ruled the night. Buried in dim lights I walk along the corridor to meet a dead end with a closed door. The atmosphere is not cold but bearable. The black door standing few inches away from me invite me to come in. But is it alright to barge in?

Holding my breath, I touch the frozen doorknob and partly open it for a dark room. With moonlight peeking through the closed curtains I can get a better look at the room. Everything painted white. The wardrobe which stands behind the door, the writing desk faced to the window and the drawer were fine lined by a light blue shade mixed with white due to the light. Finally, my gaze halt to admire a four-poster bed covered with silky drapes hanging down by every side. And there she is, the girl, I so badly long, asleep under a heavy blanket. Her dark hair is neatly spread to one side of the pillow and her left side of the face is buried in the pillow. To have a clear view I slowly step into the room with a relieved heart.

So, she is here. Fast asleep. I am glad to see her peacefully sleeping after a long tiresome day. I am glad to see her even from afar.

~~~

'Hey Niall, buddy! Pass me the milk.'
Louis' scream ricochets in the kitchen. Good. Now the whole house isup.

'Who screamed?' within seconds Liam comes running halfway through the stairs with a golf club clutching in his hand.

'Mate, what's with the club?' Louis says in confusion. He is still half asleep.

'Precautions, just in case.' He shrugs.

Leaving the golf club near the staircase bend Liam comes down in his PJs, ruffling his unruly hair. A yawn escapes from Louis.

'Did you get any sleep Niall? You look exhausted!' A worried Liam questions.

Am I that obvious?

I just murmurs something and escapes from the crowd. But I can feel the now approaching team staring at me blankly. I wish I could tell my brothers, but how could I break the promise I made to Rachel? However the pain is, I have to endure for her sake.

'Guys, what's up? I hear Jasmine girl screaming. Great, the girls are here too. Why do they have to scream? Mornings are supposed to be quiet. Especially a day like today. I am badly suffering from a headache.

I turn around hoping to see the face I am longing for. At least that will make my day. Among many familiar faces that special one is not present.

My heart sinks. Rejection, again.

'Hey! Where's Rachel?' asks Rosalind while munching a granola bar.

'She already left.' replies Aliya with an agitated look. Something is bothering her. I can feel it. She was careless, she spilt her milk, forgot to close the fridge and even stump her toe on the kitchen bar stool.

'What's wrong Aliya? Are you feeling ok?' Rose comes behind Aliya and while cradling and made her sit next to her. She is debating whether to say it or not. What is she so worried about? Is it Rachel?

Zayn, Louis and Liam follow the girls and sit on the sofas in the same order leaving Aliya faces to them. Harry is standing outside, on his way back from his morning jog. Sensing something is up, I too walk slowly and lean to the sofa head where Liam is.