Chapter 5

One week.

One week has passed since I saw Jeff. One week has passed since I saw those other people. One week without sleep. One week of continuous bulling. One week of emotionless thoughts. A lot can happen in a week. This was my usual week, and I didn't mind it.

It could be worst.

At the moment I am walking home, alone as usual. Noah wasn't at school today, so I just kept to myself. He's always at school, which is weird for him, but I guess he just got sick or something. I managed to get out of school before the bullies caught me, so today I would be going home without any new scars.

That made me smile.

I would regret my smile.

"What gives you the right to smile?" I was suddenly pushed the the ground, and my smile was wiped away, by the sound of his harsh voice.

Ethan.

He wasn't alone. Brittany, his bitchy, bottled blonde girlfriend, and her friend Faith, the stupid, slutty brunette, was with him.

"Leave me the fuck alone." I hissed.

Ethan pulled me off the ground, by my thick brown hair. The three of them had evil smiles on their faces. Faith held my arms behind my back, and laughed, when Brittany punched me in the stomach. It didn't hurt as much as Ethan's touch would hurt much more.

Ethan threw me to the ground, and kicked me in the back of my head. Soon they were all hitting me. I cried in pain on the ground, this was one of the worst beatings they have ever given me. I felt dizzy, and weak, yet they still didn't stop. Soon I felt nothing, just the numbness of my body. I guess I deserved it. I closed my eyes, then the beatings stoped.

"Oh god, Ethan, is she dead?" I heard Brittanys voice, she was scared. "Did we kill her?!?!"

Then I heard footsteps running away. When I was sure they were gone, I opened my eyes. I felt numb, and the pain was gone.

Am I dead?

No. I can hear myself faintly breathing.

I struggled to pull myself up, only to fall back into the small pool of blood that sat underneath me.

"Do you need help?" I focused my eyes on the innocently smiling, little, brown haired, girl that I saw just a week before. She hugged the brown teddy bear in her arms, and stood by my side.

Her image soon faded away with the rest or the world.

~~~~~~~

"Jeff?" I opened my eyes, and he was staring at me. I looked around to see I was in my room.

Jeff's stare was cold, his features were hard. "Tell me who did this." His words were harsh, and bitter.

I wanted to tell him. Not only because I knew he would kill them, or because I knew how he would react if I lied, because I just wanted to tell him. But I couldn't. Even though I hate them with all I have, and I would love to see them dead, I'm not completely heartless, and I couldn't live with myself if I took the life away from another.

I ignored the slight discomfort if felt, when I sat up. Jeff stood at the foot of my bed, His knife gripped tightly in his right hand. "Answer me." There was what would pass as a frown, on Jeff's face.

"Why does it matter?" My voice was low, and weak, yet strong at the same time. "You've hurt me before. Hell, once you were going to kill me. Why do you suddenly care if someone hurts me?"

"Well its different." He was still harsh, but something in his tone changed.

"How?" Now I was being harsh. "How are you different from the others? Just because you let me live?"

"You should be thankful I fucking spared you!" he yelled, anger returning.

"Maybe it would be a good thing if I was dead. Maybe you should rid the world of me, right now. Take away the pain of others, by killing me. Make me go to sleep. I don't want to wake up to this anymore, Jeff." Tears raced down my cheeks, Jeff's arms wrapped around me, and he pulled me onto his lap. He cradled me, and comforted me, until my crying stopped.

Once it stopped, he lifted me back into my bed, and laid next to me. Silence filled the room, until I finally spoke up. "Why?"

"What?" He looked over at me.

"Why would you treat me this way?"

"What way?" He seemed utterly confused.

I sighed. "You treat me the way an over protective father in a movie would treat his young daughter. You hold me like you actually care about me, when, truth be told, out of all people, you shouldn't. My question is, why?"

Jeff sat up, pulling me back into his arms, he was about to say something, before my bedroom door swung open. I looked up to see Steven stumbling in, with his shotgun in hand. "Who are you talking too?" He demanded, his southern sounding voice echoing throughout my room

I turned to see Jeff was gone, then I looked back at Steven. "When did you get home?"

"About five minutes ago, then I walk upstairs and hear you talking to some man." Steven seemed angry. "Who the hell, is in my mother fucking house, Irony?"

"It's not your house." I mumbled, suddenly feeling strong enough to get up.

"You have no right to talk to me that way, you little fuck. Get out of my god damn house, if you're going to sneak random men here."

"The only random man here is you." I hissed, clutching my fist. "Get out of my room."

"Not until I make sure you don't have any teenage, drug dealing, sex chasing boys in here."

"You don't have the right to just go through my room like that."

He ignored me and went through my closet, and under my bed, then walked to my bedroom door to leave. "Oh, and why are you covered in bruises, and cuts?"

"Since when do you care?" I snapped. "Get out of my room."

With that, he left, slamming my door.

How was Jeff not seen? Did I just imagine Jeff, this whole time? Am I going crazy? Is Jeff even real?

I sat back on my bed. Two arms wrapped around me, and pulled me back into his arms. "How were you not seen?"

"I'm a good hider." Jeff smiled at me, and I no longer feel cold, and alone. He's here. Even if I am crazy, and this is all something my mind came up with, I won't mind. I like this.

>So the story is starting to come together... I guess.

Stevens kinda a dick.

I know the romance is going slow and all, I'm working on it don't worry. And I know Irony has a sorta lack of emotions, but that's because she has had most of her feelings slapped out of her.

She feels cold, and alone in the world, and fears loosing the only two people she cares about.

Noah, and Jeff.

Oh and please, I would love your feedback, I've gotten one comment before, and its made me so happy. And considering I've read her stories, and she's an amazing author, makes me feel great. It really helps my self-esteem. I guess I have a self-esteem issues, similar to Irony's.

Well whatever, THANKS FOR READING!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!<