Chapter 20

I squinted, trying to adjust my eyes to the bright lights in the room I was in.

I focused on the white walls, and simple machines next to the bed I was in.

I was in a hospital.

I sighed when I soon remembered why I was here. “At least I’m safe.” I whispered to myself, before a woman walked in the room.

“Good morning darling.”She smiled at me, too cheery for the place she was in. “How do you feel?” She place one hand on my forehead, then quickly moved it to my cheek, before pulling away to dot down something on her clipboard. She smiled at me sweetly, before setting the clipboard down, and pressing buttons on the machine next to me.

Then she returned to me with that overly cheery smile. “The detectives are here Ms. Storm.”

I nodded.

I had my story, and I was going to stick with it.

“Alright then, I’ll send them in, if you need anything then press this button.” She handed me a button attached to a wire, and continued. “Then we will be right over.”

With that she left, and within seconds two men walked into the room. The young looking one stood, while the older one pulled a chair to sit beside my bed. “Good morning Ms. Storm, How are you feeling today? I’m Detective James Brodwick, and this is Detective Daniel L. Storm.”

I looked up at the young man, who couldn’t have been much older than me, he looked away. I blinked, and shook my head, looking back at the older man.

“You have questions?” I slowly sat up, cringing at the pain in my stomach.

“Actually yes, but before we ask you anything, we are sorry to inform you that your mother was found dead this morning.”

I felt tears rim my eyes, knowing that I was the one to kill the only one that hadn’t completely abandoned me.

My own mother was dead because of me.

I wiped a tear that slipped from my eyes, and spoke. “Ask your questions.”

“You went missing before you were found stabbed in the stomach last week, where were you?”Daniel spoke, in a straight-to-the-point manner.

“A week? I was out for a week?”

“You were in very critical condition; the doctors put you in a medically induced coma.” Brodwick spoke.

“Answer the question Ms. Storm” The younger man spoke.

I sighed, putting my lie together. “I assume you know who I was with?”

“We know more than you think we do.” The young man spoke as the older one started writing things down on his notepad.

“I was scared. He was stalking me, and threatened to hurt the ones I loved, unless I went with him. Then one day a friend of mine saw him, and called authorities to protect me. I knew if I was taken away Jeff would kill them, so I ran. I ran to Jeff, so he wouldn’t hurt them. Then he dragged me into the city, and told me to kill, and when I refused…” I took a deep breath. “He became angry, and… umm..”

I looked down at my bandaged stomach then back to the detectives. The older man was finished doting down his notes, then looked up at me. “Jeffery is a very dangerous person, and you will need to be protected at all times, so Detective Storm will be by your side until this mess is over.”

My eyes widened. “B-But aren’t you concerned for his safety?”

Daniel rolled his eyes. “I’m very well trained, why don’t you worry for Jeff’s safety?”

I shook my head. “I’ll believe it when I see it. Don’t underestimate him.”

Brodwick stood, putting his chair back, and turned to Daniel. “Well we should let her rest, she’ll be safe here. I’ll let you go home and prepare your home.”

He nodded, then they both left.

“Cute story.” I looked over and say Jeff lazily sitting on a chair, twirling his knife in his hand. He was obviously angry.

“Oh, do you not like stories?” I spoke in a happy sarcastic tone. “I thought story time would be fun.”

He stood up, and walked over to me.

“I don’t like it when people lie.” He hissed, towering over me.

“Everyone lies, Jeff.” I growled, not caring if he hurt me or not. He shot daggers at me. “I’m not afraid of you, I never was, and you know that.”

He got closer to me, and I smiled at his anger. “Oh, is little Jeffy mad at me?”

“We aren’t that different, Irony.” He backed stood up straight, and looked down at me.

His statement angered me, and I pushed the blankets off of me, and fought the pain so I could stand. “I am nothing like you!”

He smirked, angering me even more. “You’ve already killed.”

“I’m not like you. I will NEVER be like you. I hate you.” I hissed out my words, slowly. “Get out of my life, and stay out.”

He chuckled, walking closer to me, making me back into the wall, where our bodies were only inches apart. His dark, soulless eyes starred into mine, as the back of his cold leathery hand rubbed my cheek. “I can’t do that.”

His features softened, as he leaned closer to me, his breath on my neck, and lips close to mine. “You’re mine, and I won’t let you go.”

“I hate-” I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. I heard a loud crash to the ground, which I assumed to be Jeff’s knife falling to the ground. One of his hands fell to my waste, while the other was under my chin.

His lips were soft, and sweet. It angered me, yet I couldn’t pull away.

Between each kiss I spoke.

“I”

“Hate”

“You”

>Sorry for the shitty kissing sense, I’m not as good with that as I am with killing sense.

And I really didn’t feel like writing today.<