Chapter 15: I'd like to la la la la Love you

• Dedicated to Denise Martin

Cara awoke, nuzzled up in Twiggy's arms as he held her, still sitting out in the hallway. She shoved on him. 

"Twiggy. We're still out here! Why?" she whispered loudly. 

"Oh shit. I'm sorry, Carabear." He picked her up and walked her into Daisy's room and placed her in the bed next to him. 

"But I don't know what to do..." she whispered.

Twiggy shrugged and looked down at her, sadly. "I don't either.." he mumbled and walked out of the room. 

Cara got up, afraid to wake up Daisy because she didn't want to face him. *What am I supposed to do? Maybe Marilyn will help me* she thought. 

She clumsily scooted off the bed and inched toward the door as the boards creaked beneath her. She heard the bed shift behind her and she ran the rest of the way out of the room, hoping Daisy wouldn't follow her. She crept down the hallway, where Marilyn and Ginger's room was two doors down. She opened the door to find Ginger sleeping soundly. The noise of water rushing in the next room led her to believe Marilyn was in the shower. She didn't care. She needed his help. now.

She opened the door and heard a "huh?" 

Marilyn opened the shower door partway and peeked his head out. 

"Hey there. Are you ok? you look like shit..." he murmured.

"No. I'm not." 

He shut the door to the shower, turned the water off and asked for a towel. Cara handed him one and he stepped out, wrapping the towel around his waist, water still dripping from him. She shut the door to the bathroom.

"Hey are you.....?" Marilyn started. Before he could finish, cara wrapped herself around him, hugging him tightly, not caring if she was getting wet or not. 

"Ok. shh..." he petted her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Did you know that Pogo loves me?" she looked up into his eyes, one brown and one blue.

"Yeah. who doesn't?" Marilyn scoffed. She placed a hand over his heart. 

"And did you know that he is going absolutely insane with misery because I am with Daisy?" Cara asked.

Marilyn looked saddened and nodded in agreement. 

"Marilyn..what am i supposed to do?" 

He grabbed her hands in his and bit his lip. "I don't know if there is any nice way to say this, Cara, but...Myself and the rest of the members have already discussed Daisy expulsion from the band."

Cara pulled away, hurt in her eyes. 

Marilyn talked louder, " His skills are lacking, he is trying to consume too much control and he doesn't really fit in with what we're doing. He's a junkie. A fuckup and we're sick of him ."

Cara paced back and forth and then punched Marilyn in the chest. 

"How could you? He started this band!" 

"We...started this band, Cara. and he's an asshole. I'd die a million deaths before I sit here and let him go Yoko Ono on our band" Marilyn growled.

"I wanted your advice, but you're just gonna kick me out aren't you?" Cara frustrated.

Marilyn softened and pulled her to him, stroking her hair. "Cara. I love you, you damn fool. No. Don't you see? Getting rid of Daisy WILL solve your problems...We can have the band we need and you won't have to settle with him anymore because you feel obligated. You can get with Pogo or whoever the fuck now.." 

Cara sighed and began to sob into his chest as he stroked her hair.

"The next show. The next show we have, we will do it." he grumbled.

......................

Two hours before the show, everyone waited backstage. Courtney was sitting next to Twiggy, playing with his hair as he strummed on his bass. Ginger and Daisy were arguing next to the snack table about how drummers never slow down. Pogo sat in the corner of the room, fidgeting with his keyboard and inputting settings. 

Marilyn sat on the couch, next to Cara who was breaking up some weed to place in a joint. 

"Not too much, now. We need you at your best..." Cara laughed and began to roll a blunt. 

Marilyn chuckled and poked her side, taking the blunt from her hand and began to light it. Pogo held up his head and came over, smelling it. 

"May I?" he asked, but twitched at the sight of Cara. She motioned for him to sit on the other side of her. He did. Dangerously close to her, their legs touching. 

Marilyn grunted after he blew out the smoke and then handed it to Cara. He leaned in and whispered, "Don't get so high that you fuck him before we get rid of Dais"

Cara closed her eyes and sighed, then inhaled the smoke, passing it to Pogo. He took the blunt from her, letting his fingers trail across her hand. she bit her lip and looked into his blue eyes. They looked hurt, but still had so much love in them. she smiled a little and he took a hit from the blunt, blowing it playfully in her face. She waved it off with her hand and placed her hand on his lap.

He looked down and made a noise and scooted a little closer so that her hand was dangerously close to his crotch. She placed her pinky on his bulge and he gulped. Marilyn nudged her and passed the blunt. Cara looked at Marilyn and pulled away from Pogo. 

Daisy walked over to them. "Mind if I join in?" 

"Not really that much weed, bro" Marilyn griped. 

"it's fine" Cara took a few puffs from the blunt and passed to Daisy. "you guys can have it." she got up and Pogo had to hold in the urge to slap her ass. He frowned when Daisy sat next to him. 

"you alright, girl?" Twiggy walked up to Cara and gave her a hug. "Yup."

Courtney walked up and bit her lip. "Hey..I'm sorry about this...We didn't want this to happen..." 

"yeah. it's whatever. It's not about what I want anymore. It's for the band..." Cara mumbled and tried to walk off, but Courtney grabbed her wrist. 

"Hey!" Cara pulled her hand back.

"Just listen will ya, fuck!" Courtney griped and waited til everyone quit looking at her til she continued. 

"Daisy has been giving the band secrets to Trent. That's why marilyn originally wanted him gone. But then all this shit with Pogo and the excessive drugs..." Courtney trailed off.

"yeah. I get it." Cara stated and walked away. 

.....

The show was a major success. The fans remained riled up as the band poured off stage. Twiggy ran to Courtney, who kissed him lovingly on the lips and Marilyn and Pogo and Ginger headed backstage where some of the "fan girls" were placed to meet them. Daisy walked up to Cara and placed a hand on the small of her back and brought her to his lips, kissing her lovingly. 

Cara rellished these last moments with Daisy, smothering him in her embrace and never wanting to let go. 

The moment Daisy got in the shower, everyone was ready to leave. 

"Come on. We placed the airline tickets next to his bag of clothes. As soon as he gets out and we're not here and he sees that, he'll get the message..." Marilyn told her. 

She gulped and Twiggy walked up and grabbed her hand. she walked away with them, Twiggy's hand in hers and Marilyn's arm around her shoulders. They got on the tourbus and left. 

Daisy was no longer in Marilyn Manson.