Chapter 22: The Last Tour on Earth

At the this leg of the tour, the band was announcing the release of Mechanical Animals. It was kind of unexpected to everyone but Manson and Twiggy probably had a clue. The rest of us stared at Marilyn that night as he announced it on stage in front of hundreds of thousands of fans. 

Backstage, the rest of us waited for him to appear, so we could ask what was going on. 

Pogo sat calmly next to Cara, a slight smirk on his face. He'd be okay with anything that Marilyn churned out for him. He could learn his parts much faster than the others, set up some synth techs and roll out beats tomorrow if he wanted to. He turned to Cara and slid his hand into hers. She turned to him and smiled. He could feel his cheeks flare up. 

"Awww. How cute" Marilyn spoke, entering the room. Everyone stared in awe. 

"Where? wha?? Look at.." Twiggy stood up and ran up to him, waving his hand across Marilyn's head. 

Marilyn smiled. "I just went into the bathroom and wacked it off. I think it's time for a bit of a change. We have the lineup I want and now we can go a different direction. Since Daisy is gone.....No offense..." he stopped and looked at Cara who looked away, "We can start on a new sound"

Twiggy smiled and poked Marilyn's cheek. "Cute" 

Marilyn mildly blushed and laughed, wrapping his arm around Twiggy. 

"Hey now!" Courtney stood up and walked up to them, " Don't be putting your dirty hands on my Twigs" 

Twiggy giggled. "Heh. There's enough Twiggy for everyone! Except maybe you, Pogo. You might devour me" he shuddered.

Pogo chuckled. "Might"

Cara laughed. 

Marilyn's hair was shoulder length now, it was a little uneven but I'm sure he'll get it fixed up tomorrow. Everyone sat down so we could proceed with the meeting.

"We'll call this The Last Tour on Earth" because it's transitioning from point a to point b. Point A was Antichrist era. We're done with that. Now something with more feeling. Point B: Mechanical Animals. I want colorful fury. More emotion. More synth..." he pointed at Pogo, "and a little more raunchy with the bass, " he winked at Twiggy. 

"Zim, you keep doing what you're doing. It's great. Funk" Marilyn continued. "Ginger, a little hop in there, some bass drum maybe some more cymbal" Ginger nodded at him. "You guys", he looked around the room at me, Courtney and Reney, "Keep beautiful" he smiled.

"Such a charmer" Cara joked. Marilyn got up and walked to her, pulling her up to his arms. He hugged her and kissed her head. 

"You got our hairstyles. Maybe clothing ideas, right?" he asked her.

She hugged him back. "I can see what I can hammer out. But no promises the picky Brian Warner will like them" 

"hey" he put his finger on my lips,"Let's drop the Brian Warner all together, alright?" he winked at her and said, "Maybe highlights. I'm thinking red."  And then walked off. 

"What about me?" Pogo looked at her and she turned around to him. "I think you're wayyy too sexy already. I don't want girls fawning over you"

"Too late for that" he stuck out his tongue. "But it's fine. I don't need no bitches." he chuckled. She climbed onto his lap and stradled him. He put his arms around her waist. 

"Hmmm" she said, toying with his hair, "I'm thinking a longer, blonde mohawk. Nice and fresh. Not stiff but still up there" 

Pogo grinned at her, "Oh, it's up there..." 

"Okay okay! Seriously? If you're all gonna have a fuck fest in here can we tell Ginger please? So I can get the fuck out of here. You guys make me sick..." He raised his hands in the air above his head and anger. 

"Oh poor Ging. He needs to get some...naw I mean?" Twiggy laughed and Courtney laughed with him. 

"Poor Ginger..." she stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder...

"Don't touch me" he growled and stomped out of the room. 

"Well" Zim muttered..

"Don't mind him. He gets moody from time to time." Pogo told him "No sex" he whispered. 

Zim nodded his head in agreement "I see" Then he looked at Reney. "Speaking of..." he muttered quietly to her. Her eyes widened. "Me?" she pointed at herself. Zim nodded his head and smiled. 

He grabbed her up and placed his hand in hers, taking her with him ontop of the roof. They looked out over Chicago. The lights from the streets down below shimmered off the tall glass of the skyscrapers around them. 

"It looks like there's a million stars out here..." Reney whispered in awe. 

Zim turned to her as she looked out across the city and Kissed her cheek. 

"So what do you think I should do for this tour?" he asked her. 

She blushed "Well I think you already look great, but I think maybe if you put on some red lipstick to offset the black and maybe add a dash of color like a boa or something." 

He grinned at her. "Cool. I can dig that." He grabbed her waist and pulled her next to him. He leaned in and kissed her passionatley and then laid her down and laid down next to her. He stroked her hair and then placed his hand in hers and they gazed up into the sky together.