waking up

"I haven't been brave enough to say this before, but I feel like this is a good time. I love you Pepper. I love your smiles, laughs, traits, humor, selcas, everything. I love you."

I felt like crying. It's not only because someone that I admire just said that they love me but it's the fact that I know someone cares about me deeply in their heart for real and meant it. I missed that feeling. Being loved.

Everything on my mind was forcing me to open my mouth and say the words right back at him.

"I love you too."
I did it. I did it. I did it.
I squeezed his hand and tried slowly opening my eyes. His face with dark circlers around his eyes appeared hovering on top of me.

"Doctor? She's awake!" He yelled and then turned to me again.
The doctor and 2 nurses came rushing in to check on me. They asked me a couple of questions probably seeing if I have concussion or something like that with memory.

"This is absolute great news! The only thing you need to worry about is your broken leg now. You can leave the hospital in two days after you get some more rest and regain some strength after being in the same spot for 10 days."
"That's great!" Jungkook said.
The doctor and nurses left after. Jungkook called everyone and told them I woke up.

"You look so tired, have you been staying-" I was trying to say as I got cut off.
"Shh, don't talk. I don't want you to waste your strength by talking. You're still kind of weak."
I nodded.
"And yeah, even though we switched shifts every night, I haven't got more than 1 hour of sleep but I'm fine."
I opened my mouth to object but he did something I would never expect.

He cupped my face with his hands and pressed his lips onto mine. What do I do? I kissed back.

"Aigoo! You guys are so cute! Ahh sheeba, I'm sorry! I couldn't keep quiet." Jin said popping out of nowhere.

The kiss ended after about probably 13 seconds but it felt like forever. Electricity shot through my body when it happened. My heart desired more.

"Ah, um." Jungkook mumbled and scratched the back of his neck and blushed in embarrassment.