Chapter one

Chapter one-
Hey so I'm new to this whole fan fiction writing thing so I decided if I'm going to read em might as well write one hope you enjoy it.

Katie's POV-

I stopped in the bakery after school and I was trying to decide what I wanted when I heard a familiar voice interrupting my train of thought.  I turned around and saw my moms best friend Amanda Rollins she met my gaze and hugged me "hey, doll" she said with her thick southern accent, I returned the affection and asked her how she was (I hadn't  seen her in a month or so my mom said the precinct had a big case on their hands which pretty much meant that I would be taking care of my self for a while.) I didn't mind, just the apartment was lonely sometimes but I knew better not to bring my friends over, I didn't have to many anyway.

Amanda offered to walk back with me until we had to part when she turned the corner toward the precinct, so I agreed and I decided to just get a quick cup of coffee. We walked and talked and she asked me how school was going and I answered "good" seeming a little down about the topic. She picked up on my vibe and put her arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on hers "It does get better you know, you are going to graduate in 3 years" Amanda trailed off as we approached the corner. She hugged me goodbye and whispered in my ear " you have my number Kate, if you need ANYthing" she stressed that last word and kissed my cheek. I gave her a soft smile and stared back to the apartment on my own.

I like how this chapter came out, if you like it I will start to develop Katie as a character in the next chapter so stay tuned!