Chapter fourteen

Chapter 14

This chapter may be sensitive for some.

Olivia's POV

After that eventful week I threw myself back into my work. Katie seems to be getting better, she's kept her grades up and school looks to be going smoothly.

*internal monologue over*

It's a Friday night after a busy week at the precinct and Amanda and I are heading back from to my apartment to have some dinner and take the night off.

*at the apartment*

"Hey Kate I'm home" I called into the apartment, "hey ma" she called from her bedroom. "I brought a friend for dinner" Amanda giggled imitating me. "Auntie Manda!" Katie said excitedly greeting her with a hug.

I opened a bottle of wine and poured two glasses for Amanda and I while I made dinner. "It's been such a long week" Amanda said taking off her black leather jacket and placing it over the back of her chair, "definitely" I pause "I'm so greatful to have such a great friend like you Manda, you have been such a huge help with all that's been going on, I really appreciate it" I said stirring the vegetables. "I'm always here Liv anytime" Amanda responded.

After we sat down to dinner after a drink or two I called Katie in to eat with us. "This is nice" Katie said looking up from her food she had barely begun to eat "what's that Kate?" I said "you know, having people to eat with" she said "it's usually just me around this time when you stay late" she looked up with a shy smile. Amanda and I were both looking at her now. I gave her a gentle smile.

Katie's POV

*inner monologue*
(This is just showing how she's feeling before I continue the chapter)

It sucks really wanting to talk to someone about how you really feel, but instead you let it all slowly take over your mind and you slip through the cracks. They just seem totally fine without you and you don't want to bother them or intrude on their lives because they deserve the world and the only thing you have to offer is sadness. I just can't help but to be lonely. "No one will love you" Auggie's voice rings through out my head. I'm starting to believe him and all I can do is put a smile on and pretend to be strong. It was like everyone was slipping away and all I wanted was for them to stay.

*end of monologue*
*time skip to after dinner*

After Liv and I said goodbye to Amanda I went and finished my homework.

That cute guy in my science class asked me for my number, I guess he caught on, I blushed thinking about it.

Later that night he texted me inviting me to a party, I obviously agreed knowing I definitely didn't have anything to do on a Friday night but sit home and watch what ever is on tv.

*one week later at school*

I was so excited to get out of classes because today is Friday and Friday equals party with Devin. After school I ran to the precinct to meet Liv so we could go home.

"Hey babe" she said as I walked into her office "happy Friday" I said with a squeal "can we go home?" I asked. Liv grabbed her coat "yes my little lady" she said with her big smile putting her arm around my shoulders as we walked out of the 16th precinct.

We climbed into the car and I tossed my school bag into the back . Then I climbed into the passengers side and buckled my seatbelt, simultaneously turning on the radio. Liv got in and started singing along to the radio.

When we finally got home it seemed time couldn't move any slower. I played it off like a normal evening and we ate dinner and Liv went to bed. When I was sure she was asleep I got dressed in a small black dress and curled my hair. This was way different than my typical code of dress.

Devin texted me he was out side and I climbed down the fire escape after I was content with my hair and makeup. Grabbing my phone last minute I tucked it into my bra and started my decent.

Once my feet hit the pavement Devin smiled at me "damn Kate you look fine" he said slowly sliding his hand around my waist and resting his hand on my butt, I smiled looking at the ground, a little uncomfortable at the sudden contact. He opened my door and helped me into his car. He got in the already running car and started to speed down the road disregarding most of the street signs.

"Woah" I exclaimed once he peeled into the dirt patch where he parked. I got out as he did and he met me around my side of the car and slid his hand back into place and I shuddered a little. We walked into the wearhouse and the lights and loud music over took me.

I had about two beers only about an hour in and I hadn't eaten because I was so nervous. I was standing near the bar and I couldn't find Devin anywhere, before I was just about to go home without telling him Kyle came over and handed me a new beer, I had seen him around school with Devin, "hey, Devin is in the back he told me to find you" he said over the loud music "oh um can you tell him that I'm going to get going im not feeling well" I said shyly, "nah" Kyle said "we will take care of ya", he grabbed my arm and brought me to the room where Devin was, boys were smiling at him as we walked by, I was more stumbling I felt so dizzy.

He laid me down on the bed, "you don't look so good" he said with a smile "you dizzy?" He asked sarcastically starting to come closer. "Kyle get away" I said starting to crawl back toward the head board, grabbing for my phone. "Devin" I called, he came in but this time with... AUGGIE?! This could not be good "won't be needing that" Auggie said taking my phone and smashing it. All the guys laughed, I tried to get up but Auggie grabbed my wrists tight and    Kyle pushed me back onto the bed while another guy held my feet. "STOP" I screamed "no NO NO" I said escalating in volume but they just laughed and Devin pulled up my dress and they all took turns. I tried to fight but I eventually gave in and passed out after about an hour.

Keep voting and commenting new chapter coming soon.