Chapter seven

Chapter 7

This chapter is kinda long but it will get better:)

Katie's POV

"Slasher" "crisscross" "cutter"
These words repeated in my head, how did he know? Why was this happening? I had never even talked to this Auggie kid before.

As Amanda kept reading she caught up to where I was and quickly looked over at me sobbing into her shoulder, she tossed my phone onto the duffel bag and consoled me rubbing small circles on my back like Liv does. "You don't need people like that Katie" she said softly in between my cry. "Who is he anyway?"  She asked with caution "thththats the problem" I said "I don't know"

I slowly drifted off to sleep as my cry subsided, I felt Amanda remove my glasses and kiss my forehead "goodnight love bug" she whispered.

I had fallen asleep before Liv got back with food but that was okay because I wasn't hungry anyway.

*1am*

I woke up in a cold sweat soon realizing I was in Liv's lap, "you had a nightmare" she said "you're okay now, do you wanna talk about it" she suggested, I didn't it was about Auggie. I was still half asleep so whatever I said was probably incoherent, she kindly pretended to understand and then I soon fell asleep in her arms. I was waiting for her to move me onto the bed but she didn't, she held me.

*the next morning*

"Good morning Kate" Liv said, I woke up to see her, a nurse, and Amanda. I was groggy "what going on" I said still half asleep. I adjusted my glasses and Liv sat down and brushed my hair out of my eyes, "the nurse is going to check your stitches and then we can get out of here" she said with a smile.

The nurse gave me a small smile and unwrapped the bandages from around my wrists. She took her time and trimmed the edges of the stitches and rewrapped them with two new bandages and  some cotton. She smiled indicating she was finished, then she handed Liv the discharge forms "you can hand those in on the way out" she said kindly "take care of yourself Katie" she said looking in my direction, I gave her a quick smile and she left.

Amanda started to gather my things "I'll go grab the wheelchair" she suggested "but I.." I didn't finish before she said "I know it's protocol" "oh" I said with a small smile.

Liv finished all the paperwork and Amanda came back with the wheelchair and helped me into it, hanging my duffel bag on the handle. "Ready to go?" Liv said, "yes!" I said almost immediately, "okay then" Amanda said giggling at my response.

On the way out Liv handed in the paperwork, retrieved my medicine and made a follow up appointment for me to get my stitches out in a week or so. Amanda was pushing me out to the car while Liv waited online "the pharmacy is always backed up" Amanda said "she shouldn't be too long" she said with confidence as we walked out of the automatic doors into the parking lot.

I loved the way the wind hit my cheeks turning them a shade of red and the way the cold air rushed to my nose. "I forgot how cold January is in New York" Amanda said picking up her extra NYPD jacket she kept in her car and wrapping it around me. "Thanks" I said before I started to shiver.

I climbed into the backseat before Amanda could help me, she placed my bag into the car in the seat next to me. Simultaneously Liv started to walk out into the parking lot as Amanda climbed into the drivers seat. Liv was carrying a small bag with my medicine and some papers I assume with instructions for the small bags contents. Before Amanda and I had a chance to say two words to each other Liv was opening the door to the passengers side and she climbed in turning to me with a sympathetic smile "ready" she said snapping me out of my trance, I was examining the bandages around my wrists."yes" I said hoping my response wasn't too delayed, "so back to the apartment?" Amanda said "yes, onwards" Liv said jokingly I assume trying to pick me up so I laughed.

No one noticed but during the ride back I had managed to reach my phone, this whole thing with Auggie was killing me. I just read more of the same thing but from Brenna, Jene and and even one from Payton?! I kept my composure and quietly slid my phone back into my bag.

We arrived at the apartment and Liv thanked Amanda for all her help and told her to get some sleep and take the rest of the day off. Liv grabbed all the bags and hopped out onto the side walk while Amanda opened my door, partly to help me out but she wanted to say goodbye. Liv was rummaging through her coat pocket to find the keys. Amanda pulled me into a tight hug, I loved her hugs they made me feel safe and like she really cared, "promise you'll call me later"she said softly in my ear as we hugged "I promise" I said sincerely, she was practically my second mom and I loved her. She pulled back and rubbed my arms up and down "see you later" she said "bye Manda" I said giving her a smile.

"Let's go, it's chilly out here" I heard Liv say, then I turned to see her jumping up and down to keep warm, the wind picking up now. "Okay" I answered skipping toward her. I rested my head on her shoulder as we walked to the elevator. "Can we get pizza?" I said batting my big brown eyes looking at hers, "sure" she said with a smile that turned into a giggle.

We reached our apartment and I unlocked the door as Liv's hands were full, I winced turning the door knob and then I held the door for Liv." I rushed into my room to put my bag down and read the new text messages, but as I sat on my bed I noticed a note on my pillow, it was from...Amanda?

Stay tuned till tomorrow