Chapter ten

Chapter 10

Okay so Im going to update every two days or so. Hope you guys are sill into this the next three chapters are going to get intense.

Katie's POV

I woke up on Amanda's couch, covered in a large quilt, to the sound of Amanda southern drawl I assume talking to Liv "no no she is still here I'll send her your way in an hour say" *pause waiting for Liv to answer* "sounds good, oh um she's just waking up now, okay see you then" Amanda put her phone on the counter and I pulled the quilt up on my body as she walked toward me. "Hey kiddo" she said brushing my unruly hair aside. "Hey" I said trying to smile even though I was still a bit groggy from my nap. "You fell asleep" she giggled "I couldn't bring myself to wake you up" she said her blue eyes glowing against her white smile. "Ya um the meds make me kinda tired sometimes" I said looking away from her eyes with an innocent smile. "So" she said brushing it off "that was Liv on the phone, I'm going to walk you home in about 20 minutes or so and we are all going to have dinner, I gotta pick up some stuff for a case" she smiled "sound like a plan?" "Yes" I said sitting up so she could move back on the couch. "I'm just going to use the bathroom quick before we leave" I said standing up now "okay" Amanda called "I'll get ready then".

I walked into the bathroom and finished up. I looked in the mirror, my hair was a mess and my eyes were still puffy from this morning. I brushed my hair and straightened out my clothing and went back out into the living room.

"Ready Peach?" Amanda asked with a big smile handing me my coat. "Yes'um Manda" I said giving her a smile back and slipping my coat on.

We took the elevator down and walked past the mailboxes on the way out. As we did I took notice of all the names on the small bronze boxes stuffed with paper. One had a newer name plate on it with the name "Henderson" printed on it, it caught my eye as the light hit it before I let the door close. "Come on Kate" Amanda said already at the sidewalk, I ran to catch up to her.

*some time passes and they are now at Katie's apartment with Liv*

When we walked in Liv greeted Amanda with a hug and me with a smile and the words "go take your meds" I laughed and swallowed the pills, then I went to set my things on desk and hang up my coat. I glanced at my phone on my bed, I guess it fell out of my coat pocket when I put it down. I skimmed through my messages, nothing new so I decided to go back into the kitchen with Liv and Amanda.

We ate dinner and Amanda complemented Liv on her cooking. Then Liv told me that I would be going to school tomorrow and I watched as they both took notice of me pushing my food back and forth on my plate in a daze. Liv placed her fork on her napkin indicating she was finished and Amanda kindly took notice and decided to take her plate in toward the sink. "Kate, why don't you try some of the meat" Liv said as she went to cut it for me, "oh um I'm I'm not that hungry I think I'm just tired" I said trying to excuse my daydreaming. I put my hand on hers indicating to stop. "I think I'll just head off to bed" I said feeling sick as the thought of school occurred to me. Liv put her hands on mine rubbing circles in my palms with her thumbs "you're going to be okay Katie, I'll drop you off in the morning and go into work late. I smiled and gave her a hug good night and she kissed my forehead. "Amanda said something about a case she needed to talk to you about, I'll just leave you to it", "um okay, are you sure" Liv asked giving me that look when she lowers her eyebrows and her eyes slightly narrow, like she's concentrating on me, "yeah no it it's fine" I said picking up my plate walking towards the kitchen passing Amanda in the process. As I walk away I heard Liv's hands fall into her her lap.

After I cleaned my place at the table I headed into my room to get ready for bed. At this time my stomach was churning and I couldn't tell if it was from not eating or the thought of school tomorrow. As I got changed into my pajamas Amanda walked in and sat down on the bed, "you can come down to the precinct after school, if you want and tell me all about your day" she said picking up on my vibe. "Okay, i will but for now I think I'm just gonna hit the hay, it'll calm my nerves" I said feeling sick. "Alright, good night love" she said closing my door." "Good night Manda" I whispered.

Olivia's POV

Katie went to bed early tonight, she seemed out of it so I went easy on her about eating dinner.

After she fell asleep I decided it was a good time to talk to Amanda about this case. So I opened a bottle of red wine and got two glasses. "Okay" I said under my breath as I placed everything on the table next to the case files.
"Hey" Amanda said "Katie's in bed I assume asleep, so what did you.." she paused as she came around the corner noticing the wine "need" she finished. I finished pouring the wine "don't gimme that Manda" I said giggling "we're good friends and good friends drink wine and bust perps together, that's all" I said with a laugh pushing the files toward her. "So" I said "we are working with another trafficking ring, they use kids that have no ties to their families to 'recruit' new ones. They kidnap them and most of them are never found again, they change their names and unless we catch them early enough we have no chance. We have one of the kids names who works in the school getting the new kids for 'the boss', the kids name is Auggie Henderson and reports to his boss about the kids he finds and torments online."

Dun dun dun, stay tuned:)