Chapter nineteen

Chapter 19-

Kind of a short wind down from last chapter...

*Wednesday*

Katie's POV

"Mama...where am I?" I asked trying to keep my eyes open. "You've been in the hospital for a few days now" she answered me in that same soft voice she uses at work as she brushed my hair aside out of my eyes. I tried to shift so I could see her better but I was stopped by all the cords I was hooked up to and I winced a little "shh shh it's okay baby" she cooed moving so that I could see her, "do you remember anything about what happened?" She asked cautiously, I sat there for a few moments staring past Liv toward the door as everything came flooding back, I tried to fight the tears but everything was coming back so fast. "It's okay to cry" she said shifting so that I was in her lap now, she had moved all the cords so I wouldn't be entangled in them. I buried my head in her chest and we laid there for a while, she whispered comforting words in my ear. I always felt safe in her arms.

*10 minutes later*

Olivia's POV

Eventually her breathes had evened out and Katie had fallen asleep in my lap with her head against my chest. Then I heard a knock at the door and I could tell it was Amanda through the frosted glass window, "hey Li.." She trailed off and got quieter when she realized Katie was asleep. "Awe baby" she said coming nearer and greeting Katie with and kiss on her forehead and me with a smile and a small hug. "Can we talk outside a minute?" Amanda whispered. "Ya" I said raising my eyebrows in concern.

I slid Katie onto the pillow and she started to stir a bit "mama" she said with her eyes still closed grabbing at my sleeve like she was little again, "shh, I just need to talk with Auntie Amanda, I'll be right back" I said but she was asleep by the time I finished.

*outside*

"Well" I said looking at Amanda now, "I came to tell you that captain wants her statement soon, and he was nice enough to let me be the one to take it" she said quickly as she avoided eye contact knowing I wouldn't be thrilled. "They said she would be discharged this afternoon and then I need to get her settled at home so can you come by Friday morning" I said looking into Amanda's eyes pleadingly. "Yes, yes I can" she said returning my gaze while she pressed her lips together to form a smile.

*Back in the hospital room, Olivia has gone to the cafeteria and Amanda is with Katie*

Katie's POV

"Stop, No NO NOOO" I scream, I'm tied to that stingy mattress again and I can't move the men won't stop their laughter fills the dark room and I can't make out their faces. The pain is getting worse and worse. I continue to scream "mommy help" and then I feel a tight grip on my shoulders, my chest tightens and I open my eyes and Amanda is standing over me, I'm entangled in wires and my sheets are almost off the bed. I meet her desperate stare and before I could apologize she hushed me and started to fix the sheets, as she did my eyes couldn't  help but to watch her golden blonde hair encircle her shoulders, my mind tried to find anything to distract me. When she was through fixing the sheets she helped to untangle the many colored wires from my arms and torso. "Do you wanna talk about it" Amanda says breaking a silence so deep I could hear my veins pump blood, just as I was about to respond one of the wires was caught under my hospital issued tee shirt and as Amanda untangled it I was rendered speechless by the word carved just above my hip. Amanda caught wind of what was going on and glanced back at me in time to see my eyes spill over with tears, she climbed next to me like she did when I was little and hushed me "why did this happen to me?" I managed through my sobs.

The exhaustion was unyielding and I slowly managed to find my breath and before I knew it I was fast asleep on Amanda's chest and when I woke Amanda was gone and was replaced by some pillows, Liv had reassumed her position in the chair and it was the next morning.

Keep voting and commenting:) I already have some ideas for the next chapter, I know this was short but I needed a bit of a filler for time purposes.