Chapter twelve

Chapter 12

Thanks for waiting patiently, had a little writers block it's kinda short but enjoy:)

Olivia's POV

I decided to pick Katie up from school so she wouldn't have to walk home in the snow. I took one of the undercover car so I wouldn't attract too much attention. I got to the school late, just as the last kids were heading out, so I figured Katie assumed she was walking home.

I started to drive back when I caught glimpse of someone wearing the same jacket Katie has running, IT WAS Katie! I pulled over at the corner and jumped out, luckily the light was red. I grabbed her around the arm, she looked dazed and started to struggle "AUGGIE, STOP" she was yelling "Katie, stop I got you now" I was looking at her tear stained cheeks. She looked up at me and gave up the struggle. Auggie?! I thought what? "Come on" I said gently pressing my hand to her shoulder and wrapping the other one around her to meet her far shoulder. She was breathing long and heavy.

When we got into the car I tossed her backpack into the backseat and started to drive. Katie looked up and wiped the running mascara from her under eyes. "How was school?" I asked cautiously. "Oh um fine, it was fine" she said clearly faking a smile. I looked and her hands in her lap wrapped around something, "what's that in your hands Kate?" I asked " oh um uh I meant to tell you but I dropped my glasses and they broke" she open her hands to show a shattered lens and broken frame. "Oh woah!" I said noticing the extent of the damage "how did that happen?" I said with the notion she was lying "I just dropped them and I guess I accidentally stepped on them" Katie answered. "Oh okay" I said apprehensively, I also noticed a tear in her new sweater I had gotten her for Christmas, I decided to let it be.

We pulled into the parking lot of the precinct "I just have to finish some stuff, an hour give or take" I said "you can get started on your homework" I mentioned as we got off the elevator and entered the squad room "okay, I'm just going to go to the bathroom quick" Katie said. "Sure, I be in my office kiddo" I whispered as I gave her a hug.

I walked in toward my office and met eyes with Amanda and nodded to her to follow me. We got to my office and I closed my door after her. "Yeah, Liv?" She said. "Listen can you do me a favor?" "Ya anything" she answered "can you talk to Katie about school today, something seemed off when I caught her running toward the apartment, she didn't wait for me to pick her up Manda. And when I got her calmed down and into the car I noticed her sleeve was torn and she showed me her glasses, they were shattered and she says she only dropped them." I was pacing now running my fingers through my hair, Amanda stopped me "yeah definitely Liv, you know I love her like a daughter." "Thanks Manda"

Katie's POV

I nodded toward Liv and gave her a small smile as I headed to the Bathroom. Once I got there I checked to make sure no one was in the stalls and I dropped my bag to the floor and looked in the mirror, I was red from the wind and the tears that had fallen were clearly marked in my makeup. I noticed my sweater was torn "great" I mumbled "what am I going to tell Liv" I slammed my fist on the sink in frustration, childish, I know.

I gathered myself and strategically placed my jacket over my arm where the tear was. When I was confident my previous emotional state wasn't too visible I walked into the squad room, intending to sit on the couch and zone out.
"Hey Katie" Nick said "home girl, what's good" Fin said laughing as I passed their desks "hey guys" I said giggling. "Hey baby girl" Amanda said, I stopped and she hugged me. She smiled "how was school?" she asked indicating she was going to keep her promise. "It was fine I guess" I responded "well boss gave me some off time so you wanna head to the cribs and we can chat? I got some hot cocoa" she said giving me a smirk. "Okay" I quietly agreed and she took my hand and led me to the back of the precinct "the cribs" I repeated,its kinda funny.

It's not much, i know I just needed to pass some time I'll have more up soon hope you are all still enjoy the story.