Chapter twenty

Chapter 20-

Longer chapter soon

Katie's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and noticed who I assume was Liv sitting in the cushy red chair filling out some paper work in the corner of the room. She didn't notice I was watching her. The room was silent all except for the recurrent beep of the machines.

She signed the bottom of one of the papers then readjusted the stack on the clip board and glanced over at me. She noticed I was awake and grabbed something from her bag and started to come closer, I shifted in the bed so I could easily meet her eyes. "Good morning my beautiful baby girl" she said softly as she slid my glasses onto my face. I blinked a few times and started to sit up and managed to ease a smile, mixed with pain and gratitude. We paused a minute until I adjusted my chords and sheets, "do I get to go home yet mommy?" I asked sound more childish than I intended. "Yes you do" she said mimicking me and pinching my nose "all the paper work is done and Amanda is on her way" she said pressing the call button for the nurse, my eyes followed her hand to the button and then back to her "we just need a few things and she will unhook all those chords and machines" she said answering the questions my eyes had asked, she started to get up and keeping her eyes fixed on the chair she asked me to remind her to ask about a physiatrist..."a what" I said "I...I can't, no I won't", my voice broke and it cause her to make a swift turn around "we don't have to talk about this now but it will eventually need to happen" she said. I opened my mouth to say no again but then the nurse walked in.

After all was done Amanda walked in with practically perfect timing to see me take my first few steps since everything had taken place.

"Look at you kiddo" Amanda said closing the door and picking up some bags. I smiled and sat in the wheelchair the nurse had brought up while mom put a few bags on the handles. "My little fighter" she said gently squeezing my shoulders in response to Amanda.

We were home within 15 minutes. I stared out the car window thinking for a majority of the ride. When we got home Amanda dropped us off and Liv took most of the bags.

We both stepped into the elevator and I didn't look up from my shoes the whole way up. I could tell when we were on our floor because I counted the beeps that the elevator made when we passed each floor.  Mom unlocked the door and I silently took a few bags from her and set them in the living room. She came in behind me and caught me starting around the apartment, not much had changed except for the few Chinese take out containers on the counter that had  appeared. Liv caught me in my trance and placed her hand on my shoulder causing me to flinch away "I'm sorry" she said suddenly "I um I have to go to the bathroom" I said adjusting my crutches and quickly making  a break for the bathroom.

I turned into the bathroom and slid down the wall, dropping my crutches and breaking into tears, when I did my shirt came up and the words "mine" appeared again and it hurt just as bad as when it happened. That moments events kept repeating in my head and I let out a scream when I felt Auggie's presence, I could smell his breath and feel him inside me. Within seconds Liv came through the door, I was a mess.

Olivia's POV

Katie was grabbing at her stitches when I opened the bathroom door. She was sprawled out on the tile screaming like her life depended on it. "I FEEL HIM" she yelled "I want my mom!" She repeated "he he's here, Help me." I quickly got to the floor and wrapped my arms around her small body so she couldn't hurt herself and she started to relax her legs still pushing on the floor, her feet slipping against the rug. "I'm his I will always be his!" She sobbed. I took her hand and placed it on my heart "you feel that...just breathe" I said slowly over and over again "just breathe  just breathe" I soon picked her up bridal style and put her in her bed. Even though it was only around 7pm she was exhausted. I didn't even bother to wake her for dinner.

I will be uploading more often I wanted to make sure I did this right. Keep commenting so I know you want more:)