Chapter 22

A/N: Filler chapter with a little bit of writer's block....bear with me, it'll get better I swear :)

Jon rubbed his eyes and glanced at the alarm clock by his bed. It was almost noon.

He got up and out of bed to find Mati and to shut his growling stomach up.

He found her sitting in the same spot they had been early this morning, strumming her beat up Taylor guitar with her eyes closed, singing a song he hadn't heard before.

She heard him as he took a step closer and popped one eye open.

"Mornin' sunshine." she drawled.

"Morning beautiful." he replied as he leaned down to kiss her.

"I made you breakfast....I guess it's lunch now." she said as she set her guitar down to walk towards the kitchen.

She pulled a protein shake out of the fridge and a bowl of pancake batter that she poured into a pan.

There was quickly a stack of pancakes sitting in front of the half starved hockey player that looked ravenous in front of her.

Jon really regretted not eating after the game last night.  He was about to dig in when she stopped him.

"We need to say Grace first." she said, shooting him a wicked smile.

"Are you serious?" he moaned.

She laughed.
"No, I'll take care of it for both of us." she winked as he started shoveling the food into his mouth.

As they were cleaning up, Jon brought up the plan he had thought up last night.

"So babe....since summer is here earlier than we thought." he said with a grimace. "I want to do something."

"Mmmm and what's that?" Mati asked.

"Let's go to Texas. I know you were going to go anyway, let me come." he proposed.

Mati was pleasantly surprised.

"Everyone has been dying to meet you..." she answered. "Are you sure though? Don't you want to get to Winnipeg?"

"Well yeah I do but we have plenty of time for that. You've spent this whole time living in my world, I want to be part of yours. We'll spend a few days in Texas then go to Nashville for a few days. Whatcha think?" he asked, eagerly.

She thought about it for a moment and nodded vigorously.

"Let's do it."

"Good. I almost bought tickets last night but I wanted to wait to ask you first."

"When are you thinking?" Mati inquired.

"Locker clean out is Wednesday. Why don't we leave after that?" Jon suggested.

"That's only two days away!" Mati freaked.

"So? What's keeping us here after Wednesday morning?" He fired back.

Mati thought about it.

"I suppose nothing." She answered.

Jon smiled. "Great I'll go get our flight booked, you go call your parents."

Mati kissed him. "Thank you baby. I'm so excited to bring you home."

Jon was beyond nervous but wouldn't tell her that.

Mati called her mom that afternoon and made her day. She was going to surprise her dad and sisters and couldn't wait. She FaceTimed Tyra and Taylor to tell them the good news too and they promised to have lots of shenanigans planned.