1.

Kaylee.

It was our first day in Houston & everything seemed to be a blur. I didn't know anyone up here neither did my siblings. I decided to leave Cali because of the life I had to deal with.

Pulling into the driveway of the house, the landlord was standing there signing papers. I woke up Amiya & Jaleel & headed towards the landlord.

"Hi, I'm Kaylee, this is my brother, Jaleel & my sister, Amiya." I introduce.

"Well, its nice to meet you guys." She smiled, shaking their hands.

"So, is the place ready or?" I asked, hoping she would say yes.

"Yes. Kaylee if you need anything or have any concerns about the house, please contact me." She said handing over her card.

"Sure will, thanks again."

"No problem, be safe."

"Same."

--

With the help of Jaleel & Amiya, everything was settled in the house. Both of them seemed to be really tired, so I made them shower & let them fall asleep since, they've eaten before we got here.

"Where's my phone?" I mumbled to myself, before realizing I left it in the car.

I jogged out to the car, unlocking the doors, I looked in the cup holder grabbing my phone.

Making sure the doors were locked, I turned around to see a group of guys walking. They all looked at me, making me pretty nervous.

One of the guys walked over to me, holding a basketball. He was tall, had curly hair, & his body, it was amazing. I really admired the art work on his chest.

"H-hi." I stuttered.

"Wassam mama?" He smiled, revealing his pearly whites. "You must be new hea'?"

"Yeah." I said nervously, picking at the button on my phone. "Sorry for being rude, but I'm Kaylee."

"Nice ta' meet ya baybeh, my name Khalil."

Oh, bitch. That accent. The panties, bitch the panties.

I chuckled. "Um, where you from? If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm from Nawlins'."

"New Orleans." I repeated. "Yeah, you're accent gave it away." I giggled.

"Can I see ya phone, mama?" He smiled.

"You're not gonna run off with it, are you?" I joked.

He laughed. "I see you got jokes, but na'."

Handing him over the phone, I heard his boys laughing & whistling.

"Khalil, bring yo' ass on. You know my mama gon' come outchea' raisin' hell." One dude said.

"Yeah, she gon' beat him with dat belt like she did tha' other day. Chased his ass up & down tha' screet." The other laughed.

"Pay them fools no mind." Khalil said handing my phone, laughing. "Call me lata."

"Sure thing." I smiled, walking into the house.

I looked at my phone & seen that he had put his number in my contacts.

Khalil

--

So yall niggas may jump down my throat but, before you do I'm sorry that I took down One's Empathy. I just wasn't feeling that book, it seemed too similar to other books, sooo here ya go. I'm trying something new.

Lmfao, now you may jump down my throat. But lmao, Khalil put them emojis by his name, boyyyyy.

#NationorDie ❤