7.

Kaylee.

--

I've sitting in the waiting room for hours. My aunt brought Jaleel & Amiya up to the hospital since she has had them for a week.

I'm physically & mentally drained. I haven't sleep all night. I cant. What if he wakes up & I'm not awake to see him? I've been crying my eyes out. The comfort of Em & the rest of the crew made me calmer.

"Kaylee you gotta eat ma." Munchie said.

"I'm not hungry Munch." I said pushing the food away from me.

"Aight na', when yo' ass fall out, you & KJ gon' be roomies." He said walking away.

Ignoring whatever he said, I picked up my phone & started scrolling through Instagram. I liked a few pictures & closed the app.

"The family of Khalil Riley?" The doctor said.

"Yes." We all said in unison.

"He's doing fine. He's up in ICU. We were able to get the bullet out of his jaw & his chest. We wired his jaw, so he may not talk alot. He may have terrible pain but he'll live." I sighed letting out relief. "Kaylee?"

"Thats me." I said, sending him a warm smile.

"He wants to see you immediately, he asked about you constantly. Follow me." He said pointing into his direction.

I looked back & everyone nodded their heads.

As we made our way up to his room, I stood in the doorway. I mentally prep'd myself because inside I was breaking down.

I walked over to his bed, placing his hands in mine. I caressed my thumb over his hand kissing it.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm such a failure. I'm sorry that this happened to you. Its all my fault. I should've known. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me." I sniffed, letting the tears drop from eyes.

"Whatchu sorry fa?" He groaned, waking up. "It ain yo fault baybeh."

"It is."

"C'mere." He said patting his lap.

"But babeeee, you're hurting."

"I'a be aight, just come lay with me." He gritted, trying to hold in the pain from his jaw.

I walked over to the empty side of his bed, crawling into his arms. We made direct eye contact, before he leaned over & pecked my lips repeatedly.

"You luh me?" He gritted.

I gave him that "duh bitch" look.

"Of course & if I didn't I wouldn't be here with you."

"I luh you baybeh. I preshciate everything you do fa' a nigga. Sometimes I may be a pain in tha' ass but I love yo ass too much." He gritted, kissing me again.

"I love you more & I'm sorry."

"Stop dat apologizing shit right na'." He managed to say.

"Okay." I whined.

"Okay what?"

"Okay Khalil."

"Negative. The word is daddy." He smacked my butt.

"Okay daddy." I smiled.

We watched Real Husband's Of Hollywood, before drifting off to sleep. I loved the feeling of being in Khalil's arms again.

--

Two hours later, I heard everyone coming in. Munchie being the loudest one.

"KJ wake yo sponge face ass up." Munchie laughed.

"Nigga fuck you." Khalil laughed, dapping him up.

"How you holding up yung?"

"I'm makin' it, ya know."

"Khalillllll." Amiya screamed.

His eyes lit up as he saw her run to his bed.

"Wassam mama." He gritted, he held his jaw.

"Are you okay? I was worried about you. I love you Khalil." She hugged him, kissing his cheek.

"I'm good mama & I luh you too beautiful." He smiled.

"Whats up KJ." Jaleel said walking into the room.

"Wassam yungin?"

"I'm glad you okay man, I was worried about 'cha. Maybe when you get out that bed, I can cross you up in basketball." He laughed, making everyone else laugh.

"So what they do about Ty?"

"Me being me, I had them transform him ova' hea so he could be closer to us."

"What room number he in?"

"504."

"Aight."

Everyone joked around for hours. Visiting hours came to an end & everyone had to leave. I didn't want want to leave but my sister wanted me to stay with Khalil.

"Baybeh stay with me." He begged.

"But babe, I don't any clothes."

"Sleep naked. Won't nobody see you." He joked, gritting his teeth.

"Fine, but you're cancelled for today." I laughed.

We said our goodbyes & I made sure Khalil had everything settled before I laid down. I was beyond tired & I just wanted to sleep.

"Kaylee?"

"Huh?"

"Thank you. Thank you fa' being hea' fa' a nigga. I luh you to death mama. One day, ima wife you & build a family withchu." He gritted, kissing my forehead.

I felt his mouth tremble a little. He groaned in pain.

"Babe just stop talking, it'll make it hurt worse." I said, kissing his painful jaw.

"I'm ready to get outta dis bitch." He groaned.

Laying my head on his chest, he caressed my cheek & played in my hair. After 10 minutes, I was sound asleep.

--

I know, I know, this chapter was boring. Buttttt .. I promise it'll get better.

Hehe. I have a few things up my sleeve.

Poor Khalil. Lmao.

#NationOrDie ❤