33.

Bless to you, less stress to you, only the best to you. 🙏 -AA

--

Khalil.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I slipped my feet into my Nike slides, adjusting my sweatpants.

I went into the bathroom, brushing my teeth & washing my face. I looked in mirror, seeing a spitting image of my brother.

I looked just like Mel. I stood in the bathroom for a couple more minutes before exiting.

I walked down the hallway, going to Kaylee's room. Yes, we slept in two different beds. She would often come into my room, creeping into the bed.

I knocked on the door twice before she opened. My tall frame hovered over her short frame.

"Morning." She weakly smiled.

"Morning lady love." I responded kissing her lips.

She walked over to the bed, patting a spot for me to sit.

I walked over to her, picking her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist, putting her head in the crook of my neck.

"I love you so much, baby." She murmured lowly.

"I love you too, love. I missed you." I sighed. "I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep mamas. It's like you're my life support, ya hear me."

"I hear you Jamal." Referring to my middle name.

"I'ain gon' never leave you, ya heard me. Promise me, you gon' do the same."

"I promise baby. Til the day I see those pearly gates." I felt her smiling on my neck.

--

"Ma'am do you have any explosives on you?" The officer asked.

"Yeah, dat bomb ass pussy." I answered truthfully.

"Khalil," She hit my chest. "No ma'am." She answered, death glaring me.

"You may enter the building." She chuckled.

It was almost time for my photoshoot. I had my family here, and it couldn't have been any better.

"Hi, you're Khalil, right?" A tall, stout man approached.

"Yeah, das me."

"I spoke to you over the phone. I'm Joey, Calvin's assistant." He smiled, shaking my hand.

"Nice ta' meet you."

"And they are?"

"Oh, my wife, Kaylee. My brudda' in law, Ace. My sista', Emily. My brudda', Munchie, and my two children, Lelani & Bryson." I smiled.

"Big family." He chuckled. "Since there are 6 of you, I will give you your own dressing room, and a family room for the rest of you all."

"Das cool." I responded.

"Holly!" He snapped. She quickly ran over, with her camera.

"Yes sir?"

"Show these five their family room, please. Make sure there is food for them all." He demanded.

"Yes sir, Mr. Joey."

Joey maneuvered his way around the building before we finally made it to my dressing room. On the door, it said Augusta Alsina.

"Augusta Alsina? Who dat is?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh my! Mr. Alsina I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have that fixed right away." Joey said frantically.