28.

This chapter might be extra short. I dont know, yet.

Excuse my mistakes, enjoy guys. ❤

--

Kaylee.

I sat the rest of the food on the table, as my mom finished washing dishes.

Tonight, was kind of like a family night. My mom wanted Khalil & I, along with someone special. I've been constantly asking about this "special person", but my mom wouldn't budge to tell me.

"Mommy, I'm done." I said, almost out of breath.

I was hungry, tired & my body was completely sore. Looking around at the food, I bent over the table, attempting to grab an roll.

"Kaylee put it back!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Mommy I'm hungry. Please." I whined.

"No, you have to wait until everyone gets here." She entered, wiping her hands.

I groaned. I picked up my phone, seeing if I got an text from Khalil.

It was now 6, and dinner started in less than 15 minutes, he still wasn't here.

I tried calling him, but it sent me straight to voicemail. I texted him, still not receiving an message back.

At this point, I was not getting worried. Khalil never did anything like this. He's always answered his phone, and replied to my messages, instantly.

"Have Khalil called?" Gloria asked.

"No." I mumbled, placing my phone in its original spot.

"Maybe he's stuck in traffic." She retorted.

"Yeah." I mumbled, again.

15 minutes past, and I've still received no sign of Khalil. I placed my face into the palm of my hands. Attempting to catch a quick nap, I heard an male voice & an female voice.

I quickly shot up my head, removing myself from the table.

My mom entered the kitchen, followed by a tall darkskin dude & a medium height, short haired female.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hi, you must be Kaylee?" The guy asked.

"Yes."

"Yeah. Gloria told me alot about you." He chuckled.

I really didn't know what he meant, but I shrugged it off. I turned my attention towards the girl, as she slightly smiled.

"Hi, I'm Teyana." She heled out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Kaylee. Nice to meet you." I shook her hand.

"Likewise."

We all sat the table, as Ty, Munchie, Emily & Ace made their way in.

I constantly kept checking my phone to see if Khalil, had text or called. Still no sign of him.

"Excuse me." I excused myself, walking upstairs.

As I made my way upstairs, I went into the guest room, closing the door. I quickly dialed Khalil's number.

It rang one time, then twice, then it went straight to voicemail.

I groaned, flopping onto the bed. I held my hands onto my face, letting the tears fall freely.

Something was desperately wrong, and I couldn't figure it out.

I felt the vibration of my phone, tickle my skin, immediately sitting up.

The number popped up as unknown, so I figured it was Khalil or someone Khalil was with.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Ms. Mitchell?"

"Yes, this is she."

"Hi, Ms. Mitchell. Are you the wife of, Khalil Riley?" She asked.

"Yes. What's going on?" I asked frantically.

"Ma'am, we have Mr. Riley at the trauma center. As of the information, the officials gave us, he was hit by an 18 wheeler. Right now, we dont have too much information, but can you please come down here to verify a few things for us?"

I let the tears fall freely, as I took in everything this lady had just explained. I was in complete shock.

I snapped out of my trance, immediately answering her questions.

"Yes, yes. I'll be down there." I said, ending the call.

I quickly put on my Uggs and hoodie. The weight of my stomach somehow slowed me down, but I didn't let that stop me.

I almost skipped down every stair. Before reaching the door, I heard my mom call my name. I quickly turned around, seeing an confused look on her face.

"Mom dont look at me like that. I have to help my baby. I-I have to." I said, running out the door.

"Kaylee?!"

"Kaylee?!"

I started the engine, as I hurriedly sped out of the driveway. On my way to the trauma center, I said an quick prayer. I should have went with him.

If I would've went with him, this wouldn't have happened. I swerved, and dodge, trying not hitting vehicles in the process.

In less than 10 minutes, I arrived at the trauma center. I stopped, the car, almost forgetting to cut the engine.

I hurriedly wobble into the entrance, almost knocking people out of my way.

As soon as I saw a doctor, I made my way over to them, I flooded them with questions.

"Where's he? Is he okay? How bad is he hurt? Will he be there to see his children be born? What room number is he in? I-I need answers!" I snapped.

"Ma'am I dont have any information at the time. Please have an seat in the lobby." The doctor instructed.

"No. No, no no. Where's my husband?! I need to see him now!"

"Ma'am."

After that, I was left in the lobby clueless. I didn't have the slightest idea, of the injuries of my husband.

--

The continuation of this chapter will continue in chapter 29.

I couldn't leave you guys hanging like that, so here's something.

Anyways, I love yal. Enjoy. ❤

#NationOrDie ❤