ConArtist - Light, Mello, Near

You're a con-artist; Light, Mello, and Near catch you scamming someone.

Light: You'd been so engrossed with your work that you hadn't noticed Light standing in the doorway.
It was his voice that captured your attention. "What are you doing ____?"
His sudden appearance startled you, causing you to almost drop the phone. You were currently on the phone with an older woman. She thought she was speaking with someone from her bank, claiming that there had been a mistake with her most recent transaction.
Seeing Light standing before you, you quickly put the lady on hold, throwing together a quick excuse before doing so.
Turning your attention back to Light you plastered a smile to your face, "Hi Light!"
He narrowed his eyes, "You don't work for a bank." his voice was cool as he stared you down.
You had no answer, you tried to fumble around for something to say but the words died quickly on your tongue.
"Are you scamming this woman?" Light asked calmly, watching your face for a response.
Your silence told him all he needed to know. He quickly took the phone and started speaking to the woman, "I'm sorry, but it turns out there was no mistake. So sorry to bother you. It seems as if one of my employees made a mistake. This shouldn't happen again, I'm very sorry for this inconvenience ma'am." Light's voice was cool as he spoke, but after he hung up it was a different story.
His voice was low and rough as he glared, "If I ever catch you doing something like this again, it's over. Understood?"
You nodded meekly in response, unable to muster up the strength to speak.

Mello: You and Mello didn't go out very often, so it wasn't like you to try and scam someone while you were out with him, but you felt the need to do so. It had been a while since you'd gotten some quick cash and you didn't know when you'd have the opportunity again, so you took the chance.
Mello had left you to your own devices as he wandered up and down the isles of the store he'd dragged you into.
This was your chance to earn a quick buck. Seizing the opportunity you nonchalantly dropped your wallet as you walked, pretending not to notice it had fallen.
You knew people were behind you and would see the wallet fall to the floor. Surely at least one person would be kind enough to pick up the poor thing right?
As soon as you questioned it someone tapped your shoulder, informing you that you'd dropped your wallet.
"Oh! Thank you so much. I'd be in a real mess if you hadn't found it." you laughed softly, chiding yourself in a playful manner, earning a quiet chuckle out of the good samaritan.
As a precaution you checked inside of the wallet to see if anything had been taken, knowing of course that nothing had been, but this was all part of the plan.
"Huh. That's odd." you looked between your wallet and the person stood before you. "I'm missing twenty dollars."
You frowned deeply as you looked at them. "Did you take twenty dollars from my wallet?"
The question was a simple one, yet it froze them. You knew they were innocent, but the accusation had thrown them off. As quickly as you'd asked they began denying such a thing.
You began to grow angry and demand they return the stolen money when Mello showed up.
"What's going on here ____?" he asked, quickly making his way towards you.
You faltered slightly at his sudden appearance, but quickly recovered and explained the situation to him.
Mello clearly didn't believe you. He stifled a laugh and waved the person off. "She's just messing with you. She wants to be an actress. Seems like all her hard work is really paying off. She got you good huh?"
When they turned to leave Mello dragged you into an empty isle to scold you.
"What do you think your doing?" he hissed, gripping your shoulders tightly. "You're an idiot."
Mello anticipated your next remark and decided it was best to beat you to the punch, cutting you off before you could speak. "If you're going to con someone, be smarter about it."

Near: It wasn't like Near to initiate intimacy, and you were normally all about it, however tonight wasn't the best night. He had to pick the night you were trying to earn a quick buck.
He had draped himself across your lap, not really caring that you were busy typing up an important email.
"Pay attention to me ___." Near's voice was whiny and high pitched as he fought for you attention. "What more do I have to do to get you to look at me?"
"Strip." you said, only joking slightly. That was a sure fire way to capture your attention in any situation.
To your surprise Near giggled at your response, reaching out an arm to boop your nose gently. "If you insist." he smiled as your eyes widened, actually turning your full attention towards him. "Although, I must insist you do it for me."
At that your attention returned to your laptop. As lovely as that sounded, it wasn't worth it.
"Sorry love, but I'm going to have to decline your invitation." you politely declined, returning to the email.
With a sigh Near sat up, adjusting himself so he was sitting next to you, resting his head gently on your shoulder. He watched you type, growing very curious as to what was going on. Was this what was so important?
"Who is James Brown?" he asked curiously, leaning forward to fully examine the email.
"Someone who seems gullible enough to fall for one of those 'Congratulations you've one $1,000,000!'"
"Oh." Near's voice was quiet.
A silence fell between the two of you. You continued working as Near was in his silent world of thought.
"Delete it." he finally said. His voice was still very quiet, but the meaning behind his words was loud and clear.
"What will happen if I don't?" you asked, trying to test your boundaries.
"Our relationship will be deleted instead."