Love Sick - Matt, L, Near

Matt, L, and Near realizing they're in love with their best friend.

Matt: He didn't remember what had made you laugh so hard, probably something really stupid and lame.
Why did you find his jokes so funny anyways? Matt could never figure out why his jokes would send you into a laughing fit, leave you gasping for air, asking to hear another.
Though, at that moment he realized he wanted to keep telling you jokes. He didn't want to stop.
He adored the sound of your laugh, he loved how you always were down to spend time with him.
He never really thought about how his heart skipped a beat any time you touched him, platonic or not. He wanted to be able to hold you at night, tell you were beautiful and not have you stare at him like he was idiot for thinking such a thing.
He didn't want some guy to take you away. He didn't want any girl to take you away. He just wanted you for himself.
Matt's breath hitched as it finally, truly dawned on him, that he, Matt Jeevas was in love with you, _____ _____, his best friend.

L: L didn't make friends easily, so becoming so close with you had surprised him.
He didn't realize you'd have such a positive impact on his life, you made sure he went to bed, baked him sweets, were with him when he needed you.
Sure you'd never really expressed any feelings for him in a romantic way, nor had he, but the moment you walked in announcing you had secured a date with a guy that wasn't him he knew.
He shouldn't have felt so angry that you had a date. That you were going to spend all night some boy who would do god knows what to you.
You weren't just a friend to him anymore, you were more than a best friend.
L craved more from you. He wanted you to kiss him, run your fingers through his hair, go to bed with you.
He loved you and no guy was going to stand in the way of his chances with you that was for sure.

Near: "I'm in love with you." he stated matter-of-factly.
Near knew he'd been in love with you for quite some time. He distinctly remembered when he'd felt your relationship stop being a friendship and start brewing into much more.
It was any normal day with you. He'd been building a tower out of blocks, as you watched, sitting criss-cross-applesauce beside him.
You two had been discussing trivial matters, but when you started pestering him with questions about sheep he'd been confused.
"Why are you so interested in sheep ______?" he asked quizzically.
"Because you're a lil sheep." you said happily.
He stopped building his tower and turned his full attention onto you. You were the only person he'd do this for, no one else was worthy of his full focus.
That was a key indicator right there actually, but what happened next really sealed the deal.
"You, Near, are my little sheep boy. You have soft white hair like a sheep," you explained grabbing a lock of his hair, twirling it around as to demonstrate.
"You are small like a sheep is. Not to mention you kind of sound like one too."
Near couldn't help but smile, giggling slightly at the crazy accusation.
"Sure ________. I'm your little sheep." he said, returning to his block tower.
"Yes. My little sheep only. No one else's."