Same Crush - Matt & Mello

Matt and Mello having the same crush.

Matt and Mello stared at each other, sitting on opposite sides of the room they occupied.

Mello was shooting Matt glares, his arms crossed tightly against his chest.
After a few moments of tense silence

Mello finally spoke. "Let me phrase this a different way Mail." he began, using Matt's real name to hopefully get his point across in a more effective manner.

"I should be able to pursue a possible relationship with _____, because I'm clearly the better option for them between the two of us." Mello began to gloat as he listed everything that made him the more 'superior' choice for you.

Matt frowned. "I'm not sure _____ would like someone so full of themselves Mello. That's why I'd make the better boyfriend." he countered.

At Matt's words Mello fell back into silence. The two continued scowling at each other for a bit longer.

They both perked up, wiping the frowns off their faces when you appeared in the doorway. You'd heard the whole thing and were surprised to hear that Mello and Matt liked you. You explained that you'd heard everything, admitting you did indeed like someone in the house, but not either of them.

"Then who?" they demanded at the same time.

"Near." you said matter-of-factly.

Matt and Mello gave you blank stares. "Near?" they echoed.