Chapter 1: First Day of School

Tuesday, August 25

Aphmau's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It was my first day of junior year. My old school, Bright Port High, was shut down for a year so my friends and I were sent to go to this other school, Phoenix Drop High.

I turned off my alarm and quickly got dressed. My parents were on (another) business trip so I was all by myself in the house. I put a piece of bread in the toaster as I organized my school bag. I looked at the time. 8:18 AM, it said. Crap, I thought. Sky's going to pick me up in a few minutes. Quickly, I stuffed my piece of toast in my mouth and brushed my teeth.

Just as I was putting on my shoes, I heard a car horn. I looked out the front window to see Sky in his car with Ross and Shelby. I rushed to put on my right shoe and ran outside. As I got in his car, Sky said "Hey, is it okay if we're a few minters late? I need to pick up something to eat". I sighed, but reluctantly agreed.

As we waited for Sky in the parking lot of some gas station, the rest of us talked about school.

"This is going to be so embarrassing" Shelby moaned. "Late for the first day of school".

"Shelby, it's okay" I said. "If we drive fast enough, while possibly going over the speed limit, we'll be there just in time!"

"I wonder if there's any cute girls" Ross said.

We chatted a bit more and Sky came, holding a foot-long burrito that looked like it was run over by a car. Multiple times.

"Okay guys, I got my lunch! Now off to school!"

"Dude, that looks disgusting" I said.

"My dog would not eat that, and trust me, my dog would eat a lot of things" Shebly said.

We argued about the burrito while driving. Surprisingly, we were not late and as we pulled into the parking lot, we saw Barney, who took the bus to school.

"Yo Barney! Wait up!" Sky called, as we took our bags out of the trunk.

"Hellos guys." Barney said. "We gots to gos to the principals office remember?"

"No, I don't remember but lets go anyway." Sky replied.

We walked quickly into the school but just before we got inside I caught a glimpse of a group of guys looking at us. I smiled at them just before heading inside.

Garroth's POV

"Hey, who was that?" I asked.

"Must be the new people from Bright Port High" Laurance said, also mesmerized by the girl.

"She was cute, kind of" Dante said. "So was the other girl, but they don't compare to Nicole".

"You've had a crush on Nicole since kindergarten" Travis said. "Just tell her already".

Dante didn't reply to that. He instead stared at Nicole and her friends, watching as they walked into the school.

"Come on guys" I said, coming back to reality. "Let's go before we're late".

Aphmau's POV

"Here is your schedule and a map of the school in case you get lost." Principal Super Mario said.

I take a look at my schedule.

Period 1: English 10- Room 208

Period 2: French 10 - Room 403