Chapter 7: Meeting the Guys

Monday, September 14th

I wait patiently in the cool air, for Sky to come pick me up. I am partially excited to go back because Ross is back.

His parents took him to someplace in Florida. You see, they travel alot. In their house, they have a map of the world with pins showing where they've been.

Most likely, they took Ross's suspention as a excuse to go somewhere. I guess having a child means that you'll not get to go to as many places.

Caught up in my thoughts, I almost miss Sky pull up into the driveway.

"Hey!" he calls. I quickly run up and see that I get the front passenger seat.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask.

"Shelby and Barney are sick so its just you, me, and Ross." he replies.

"Okay, but where's Ross?" I ask.

"We're picking him up at the airport."

"WHAT?!" I scream. "Are you insane? We'll be so late and get detention.!"

"Chill." he says. "They called in to say we'd all be late."

"They can do that?" I ask. "I mean, don't you have to have a parent or guardian do it or something?"

"The school doesn't care, I guess." he replies, shrugging.

*Timeskip to Airport*

"How much longer?" I ask. We've been here for three hours and they still haven't arrived.

"I don't know." Sky replies. "Go check the big, board thing that says the arrival times."

I walk over and look for the plane coming back from Sydney. At first I miss it but I take a second look and see it.

11:45 All Nippon Airways NH116 Tokyo Haneda (HND) Early at 11:34 D66

11:56 WestJet WS101 Sydney (SYD) Delayed to 14:44 B14

12:13 Air Canada AC215 Calgary (YYC) On Time C42

Oh no. I think. Its delayed until the end of school. I take a photo of the time and walk back to Sky, who has bought us Burger King for lunch.

"Hey Aph!" he exclaims, food almost falling out of his mouth. "I got us food!" He motions to the three bags of Burger King takeout.

"Thanks." I say, preparing to break the news to Sky. "Listen, the flight Ross is on, it's kind of delayed."

"What?!" Sky exclaims. "Dude, I was actually excited for school today! We were going to make these science things out of marshmallows and then eat them after!"

"You can just buy marshmallows at the store." I say. "Besides, let me have some of the food."

*Two hours later*

"Hey guys!" A familiar voice calls. I look up and see Ross wearing a T-shirt and shorts.

He comes up to us and we both give him hugs.

"Dude, it took you long enough." Shy remarks.

"Whatever, besides, where is Shelby and Barney?" he asks, looking around.

"Sick." I reply. "Half the school has the flu or a cold."

"Unfortunately, Michi is not part of that half." Sky says, looking down.