Chapter 6: Martial Arts Lunch

Tuesday, September 1st

Katelyn's POV

I'm being a nice person right now by saving Aphmau's guts. To be honest though, her guts need to be saved so she can keep going up against Michi. Maybe I can convince her to join the Karate club with me, Nicole, and Jeoffrey.

"What's your name?" she asks.

"Katelyn." I reply. "And of course I know your name."

"Who doesn't?" Aphmau replies, a bit annoyed at that.

"People in Australia." I reply.

She rolls her eyes. "Very funny Katelyn."

We reach Aphmau's locker and she grabs her stuff for calculus. Man, she takes a long time. I think, waiting impatiently.

About a minute later, she looks at me with a question on her face. Great. I think. Another question I have to answer.

"What about lunch?" she asks.

A reasonable question, I must say. You can never forget lunch. Or any meal in that matter.

"Follow me." I reply. Surprisingly, she doesn't ask anything about where we're going.

As we approach the Karate club room, I can here my friends laughing.

"Hey!" I yell. "I'm here, and I brought someone along!"

I step into the room with Aphmau and she's instantly bombarded with questions and other conversations.

"Hi!" Jeoffrey says. "I'm Jeoffrey. Nice to finally meet the saviour of our school."

"Umm, thank you?" Aphmau says, sort of confused.

"Savior?" Nicole asks. "Really? Isn't that going a bit far?"

"Not at all."

Azura comes up next to her. "Your locker is next to Garroth's right?" she asks.

"Yeah, why?" Aphmau replies.

"I have a note for Garroth in here." Azura explains. "He isn't in any of my classes so I need someone else to do it for me."

I sigh, knowing what's in the note. Probably another love letter. I think.

Azura has had this crush on Garroth for years but has always been rejected by him. She still believes they're soul mates, even though her attempts at making them a couple have so far failed.

While everyone bombards her, I go to the refrigerator to get food for the two of us.

"Hey!" I yell.

They all turn to me, waiting for a command. I am the head of the Karate club, but I don't exclude anyone, or do anything like the popular girls do.

"Aphmau hasn't had lunch yet." I say. "Oh my Irene guys, let her eat."

Everyone quickly apologizes and leaves us to talk. I give her one of the spare lunches we keep in the fridge.

"Lunch is a big deal here, huh?" she says.

"Food is important, for it sustains us and gives us strength to fight." I reply.

"Wow." she replies back. "This is really impressive."

"Yeah." I agree. "Also, I need your phone for just one sec."

"Okay?" Aphmau says hesitantly, while giving me her phone.

I go to her contacts and quickly add myself in. I then go to her text messages and add her to our group chat.

Once I'm done all of that, I pass it along to Jeoffrey so he can add himself to the contacts.