Chapter 8: Thursday Day

Thursday, September 17th

Aphmau's POV

I wake up to my phone ringing. Slowly, I roll myself over to the bedside table where my phone resides.

I turn on my phone and see that it's 1:39 AM in the morning. Who would call so early in the morning? I think.

Once again, my phone rings and I see the collar ID. Malachi.

I sigh. This better be important. I think.

I answer the call. "Hello? Malachi?"

An unfamiliar voice replies back. "Hey, hate to ask you, but can you pick us up?"

"Before I do anything, answer me questions." I say. "First, who are you? Second, why can't you take a bus or call a cab. And last, why do I hear music?"

"I'm Levin, Malachi's twin, I don't have money, and we're at a party." Levin answers.

"Okay, I'm coming." I say, deciding to help Malachi and Levin out.

*Timeskip to the scene of the park near the party where Malachi and Levin are patiently waiting for Aph to come and save them*

As I pull up to the address Levin and Google Maps have directed me to, I see Levin and Malachi sitting on a park bench near the house where the party. They both looked messed up, with droopy eyes and messed up, well... everything.

I drive closer to them and unlock the doors. "Hey." I call. "I'm here."

Malachi looks at me with relief. "Aphmau! Thank Irene you're here."

They get into the back seats of the car and I start driving them to their house. It's very silent except for the rumble of the car driving against the pavement.

"So..." Levin says, trying to break the silence. "How did you two meet?"

I explain how i met Malachi in English and how he helped that one day when Michi was trying to sabotage me. At the end, he laughs. "Yup, that's my brother. Always trying to help out people."

Malachi elbows him and they both share a brotherly bonding moment. "Aw, that's cute." I say, smiling. "You guys are bonding. That is the sweetest thing ever!"

They laughed and just as quickly as conversation started, silence overtook the car once more. You could kind of feel the awkwardness. It was probably because I wasn't much more than a friend that had only spoken through exchanged words in hallways and a few text messages. Not to mention the fact that I had just met Levin.

"So..." Levin started, clearly trying to get rid of the silent, unspeakable awkwardness. "Is this a new car?"

"No." I reply. "I just don't drive much."

He nods in understanding. I dread the upcoming silence again but then I realize we're almost at Levin and Malachi's. I stop the car in front of their house. They both thank me and leave the car.

*Timeskip to School*

Run.

Run.

Just keep running.

Don't stop.

Or else the gym teacher will scream at you for not running. One of the many reasons why I hate gym class. Today, we're just supposed to run as many laps as we can without stopping. I've been running for almost 20 minutes and it's torture. I'm so tired from earlier, helping out Levin and Malachi.

"Hey! Cat girl! Keep running!"

That would be a fine example of gym today. We knew that we'd get in trouble for not running but we learned the hard way of what would happen. Five students have already been issued detention for 'not participating in class'.

*Brring!*

That would be a case of what you'd call 'saved by the bell'. I can see the relief of the girls' faces as they breathlessly walk into the changing rooms. I go over to see if Kawaii~Chan is okay after being yelled at by the gym teacher.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask, approaching her.

"Kawaii~Chan is okay." she says reassuringly. "What about you, Aphmau~Senpai?"

"Good, just tired." I reply.

*Timeskip to After School*

"Where should we go?" Sky asks. "I wanna go somewhere!"

"How about my homes land?" Barney suggests.

"That's too far." Ross says. "Let's go to Canada to eat Canadian Bacon."

"HOW COULD YOU EAT BACON MAN!?!" Sky exclaims. We all laugh at that.

"And besides." Shelby says. "We don't have passports and I'm pretty sure the border patrol people wouldn't five high-schoolers go into Canada by themselves."

"Why don't we go to a mall, or somewhere more... local?" I suggest.

They all stare at me like I'm an alien. "What?" I ask.

"We go there all the time!" Sky says. "We need to go extreme! Drive to Florida, or Brazil!"

"I hates to tells you this Skys, buts wes has schools tomorrow." Barney explained.

"Ughhh." Sky groans. Suddenly, he lights up again. "Idea!" he exclaims. "When the break comes, we pack up and head off."

"But winter break means roads, highways, and interstates would be icy and slippery." I say.

"Let's go in spring then." Shelby says.

"Hold on." I say. "You're on board with this?"

She shrugs.

"Hey." I start. "Today, maybe we can go to the mall, and in spring we can go to wherever."

AN: I'm back! Hai, so this was a pretty pointless chapter but I plan to make the road trip thing a thing, which might play a special part in this fanfic. ;)