Chapter 3: The Car Wash

Thursday, August 27th

Aphmau's POV

As I wait for Sky to pick me up, I think to myself. I really don't want to go to school today after yesterday's incident. The car still smells and I really can't see how things can get any better from yesterday.

BEEP! BEEP!

I look up and see that Sky is here. I quickly get in the car which will unfortunately take us to school.

"Do we have to go?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'd like a day off from Michi's crap." Ross added.

"Comes on guys" Barney says. "If we don't gos to schools, then Michi will just thinks that shes wons!"

Unfortunately, I agree with Barney and so does eveyone else apparently since no one argues with that.

As we pull up in front of the school, we're very careful to park as far away from the other cars as possible, not wanting to have anyone to notice and smell the car.

We all up to the school and to our lockers. I'm a bit early so I decide to take a longer route to my class, just to look around.

I'm careful to avoid the Popular Ones and their friends alone. As I'm walking, I look to the right where there are windows. I look outside, wishing I was anywhere but here.

Being distracted, I don't see where I'm going and I accidentally bump into something.

"Ooof - sorry!" I say.

"That's okay" a deep voice says. "You're Aphmau right?"

"Yeah, not really a secret is it?" I reply, looking down.

"Hey, what you did was pretty cool" he says. "That brat deserves it".

I don't have a reply so I stay silent, not really wanting to talk about yesterday's event.

"I'll let you go to class now. By the way, my name is Aaron" he says before walking away. For the first time I noticed he's not wearing a shirt. I stand there for a bit until I come back to reality.

*Timeskip to Social Studies*

"Today you will be................"

I tune out, like I have been for the last few classes. I really don't want to do anything. I know that in the long run, this is going to come back to me but right now I really don't care. I look around the room at the surroundings. This is my only class where Shelby isn't here. I don't recognize anyone he- wait. I look again and there at the front of the class is Aaron, the guy from before.

"Hey, are you okay?" someone asks me.

I look behind me and see a guy with brown hair and green eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask, annoyed at him bringing me out of my semi-daydream.

"I'm Malachi, and you look like you're staring at ghosts trying to kill you" he says.

"Whatever" I say, turing back around.

A few minutes later I get a note from Malachi.

Here's my number if u want to talk: ----------. PS I'm not intrested in u, u look like you need someone 2 talk 2.

I roll my eyes, not believing that he doesn't see me in that way. Just as I think that another note comes my way.

I'm serious, I like some1 else.

Suddenly, the bell rings and I'm off from school. I run quickly to the car and instantly smell the stench.

"Oh my god, I feel like I'm going to puke" Shelby says, her hand over her mouth and nose.

"We'll take it to a carwash later" Sky says.

We all know that Sky usually says later to almost everything. Unfortunately, later usually means: I could do it now, but why not do it 2 months later?

"Let me drive, okay?" I say, with a plan in my mind.

"Uh, sure Aphmau. Go ahead." Sky replies.

I turn on the car as we go out of the parking spot. Just as we get to the exit I see a small, purple-haired figure in front of me. Quickly, I put my foot on the brakes.

" HEY!" the figure yells. "YOU COULD'VE RUN OVER MICHI!"

I roll down my window. "Well maybe you should've stand in the middle of the road like a madwoman!" I yell back.

"Michi's going now!" she fumes. "Have fun explaining this to the principal!"

As she storms off I drive out of this wretched school. I turn left, the opposite way of our homes.

"Uhs, Aphmau, out homes are the other way." Barney points out.

"Oh, I know." I reply.

"Aph, are you like kidnapping us or something?" Ross asks in a surprisingly casual way.

"No."

"Aph, you're creeping us out." Sky said uneasily. "Where are we going?"

"Right here." I say as we pull into an automatic car-wash.

"Oh!" Shebly says, understanding. "Yes! I thought I'd wait months before this would be washed!"

"I would've done it eventually." Sky protests.

As we go through, we see the water rain down on the car. The soap is colorful and kind of makes it look like we ran into a unicorn.

Five minutes later, we're out of the car wash and ready to smell the now clean car.

"Dude, this is awesome!" Sky exclaims.
"We won't have to walk so far to our car now!"

"Sky, it was only once." I say. "You make it sound like we've been doing this for months."

"Guys, lets just see how cool the car looks now!" Barney says excitedly.

We open our doors and inhale the fresh smell of roses and the stench of rotten eggs.

"Oh my God it still smells." Sky says in disgust.

"How is this possible?!" I ask in disbelief. "We could've sprayed perfume over this and it would smell exactly the same way as this."

"Everyone get back in the car." Sky says. "We're going in again."

"Dude no." I reply. "This place charges me thirty dollars per drive through and there is no way we're paying $60 dollars to get rid of this smell."

"Fine." Sky replies reluctantly. "Let's go home."

AN: That's the end of Chapter 3! I'll try to post regularly but its hard to do with school and such. Also, I just typed in dashes instead of an actual phone number cuz I don't want someone to phone it.