Chapter 12: The New Mean Girl of Phoenix Drop High

Thursday, October 1st

Aphmau's POV

"Guys, I have some serious news." Shelby says.

"Ya?" Barney asks. "Whys don'ts you tells us?"

"Okay, so for this writing thing for english, I was partnered up with Malachi and Lillian, which by the way was horrible because Lillian barely did anything, but that's besides the point." she takes a deep breath. "Okay, so Lillian was talking Michi and they were talking about how some girls were transferring to our school after some private school they went to got shut down. And so now they're probably going to join Michi's group and make our lives even worse."

"Our lives are over." Sky announces.

"So if our lives are over, then how do we live?" Ross asks.

"We don't. That's why they're over." Sky explains.

"You guys are looking at it way too darkly." I say. "Maybe they won't be the stereotypical mean, snotty private school girls. I know some people who go to private schools and they're all really nice."

(AN: Sorry if you go to a private school and I offended you. It's for the sake of the story.)

*Timeskip to School*

One of the teachers got food poisoning after lunch so I now have a free period. I'm looking around and I see Kawaii~Chan selling treats.

"Hey!" I say. "How much is it for a chocolate-chip cookie?"

"Just a dollar!" she replies. I buy one and it's probably one of the best things I've ever tried.

"Aphmau~Senpai!" Kawaii~Chan calls. "Can you take this cake to Garroth~Kun? He's by the left wing gym!"

I agree and start carrying a cake towards the gym. I've finally worked my way around the school and actually have a sense of where I'm going.

And being the clumsy person I am, I crash into something, or someone.

"Oh my Irene!" the girl exclaims. "What the heck? I just got this dress and now it's ruined!"

She looks up at me. "You did this! How dare you! Do you know who I am?!"

I decide to be honest. "No I don't and I don't really care who you are."

And this really infuriates her. "I am Ivy!" she yells. "Ivy the Poison Scythe!"

She stomps off. Probably to a bathroom to wash her dress. I sigh. Another mean girl here. And I thought Michi was bad enough.

I try and gather the remaining cake off the floor so I can throw it away. What a waste of a beautiful cake. It probably tasted good too.

~~~

I approach Garroth with my cake ruined clothes and the ruined cake.

"Woah, what happened?" he asks.

"A cake happened." I say, being a bit blunt about it.

"That sucks." he says. "Anyway, have you seen the new girl? She has pink hair and sounds like a total brat?"

"Oh you mean Ivy? Yeah." I reply. "I noticed that she used a Jury title to represent herself?"

I'm referring to the Jury of Nine. It's a group led by Zane Ro'Meave. Basically, they fight and stuff but it disbanded a year ago.

Garroth looks at me with a worried glance. "Ivy... what did she say exactly?"

I try to recall the recent event. "Um, she said something about how she got a new dress and how it was ruined and then she went all rage mode on me an-"

He cuts me off. "I meant what was her Jury title?"

"She said something like the 'Poison Scythe' or something similar." I say.

"Shoot." Garroth says.

"What is it?" I ask concerned.

"It's just that, my brother was the leader of the Jury of Nine before it collapsed. Most of the former members go here but some, like Ivy, went to different schools." he explains.

Woah. "Wait wait wait." I say. "You're Garroth Ro'Meave? As in Garroth the Diamond Soul? I would have bit a tinge nicer if I had known."

"Yup, that me." Garroth confirms. "But it's not something I'm proud of. The Jury of Nine was very corrupt and that's why it fell apart. The majority of us were also very corrupt as well."

I look at him. There's sadness and regret in his eyes. I try to comfort him. "But you weren't corrupt. You seem like the opposite of that. You seem... like someone who really cares for others." I hold his hand and squeeze it because that's what everyone in the movies do to reassure people.

Garroth's POV

She smiles at me. I feel comforted when I'm around her. She has this aura that makes people feel happy and special. That's how I feel right now. I know, it sounds really cheesy but, that's just how I feel.

And this makes me love her, not in a high school crush way, but a true deep love. Her eyes shine with love and hope.

AN: Okay look, I've had horrible writers block recently, as well as a bunch of school work, parent-teacher confrences, and a bunch of other things as well that prevent me from updating. And I need to edit some parts of this story as well. And get a cover too. And stop being addicted to anime.

But anyway, I'll try to update at least once a week but I can't guarantee that. With that being said, you can now move on to the next chapter, if it's out yet that is.