Chapter 10: The Movie Night

Sunday, September 20th

Aphmau's POV

♫Is it too late now to say sor-

I pick up my phone with my AWESOME ringtone. I'm not the biggest fan of Justin Bieber but the song is cool.

"Hello?" I say, as I always do when I pick up the phone.

"Hurry up, dress up, and go outside. Now." the voice says. It's Katelyn.

"Why?" I ask, a bit annoyed. I was having a nap and my bed is warm. And cozy. And soft. And fluffy. And other things as well.

"Just do it!" Katelyn shouts. Ouch. That hurts my eardrums.

"Dude, I was having a great dream!" I say, stretching the truth. And lying a bit.

"Don't let your dreams be dreams!" she shouts. I sigh.

"Okay, I'm coming." I say, giving in. "Just, no more Shia LeBoeuf. That got old a long time ago."

"Sweet, I'm right outside your door." Katelyn says. Before I can question why she's outside my door and more importantly, why she has my address, she immediately hangs up.

Just to make sure, I look out my window and see her standing outside my door, tapping her foot completely. Oh my Irene, I thought she was kidding! She looks up and sees me and waves. I close my curtains and change out of my pig onesie and into nicer than usual but still casual clothes. I contemplate doing makeup but decide against just because I don't want Katelyn to become to impatient and break down my door.

I step out my door and see Katelyn. Her face lights up immediately.

"Finally!" she says. "Now we can go!"

As we drive in her car, I notice we're in a different part of town that I don't usually go to. The houses here look nicer and a bit more modern than the ones in my neighbourhood.

"So you must be wondering how I found your address." Katelyn says. That hadn't crossed my mind again until now.

"Yeah." I reply. "Do you stalk me or something?"

"What? No!"Katelyn exclaims. "I know some people who live around your neighbourhood. All I had to do was ask."

Wow. If people knew my address, then they could just visit me all they want. I wonder if Michi lives around me...

"So where are we going?" I ask, curious.

"Garroth's place." she replies. "It's a weekly thing. You see, everyone who's nice and isn't part of Michi's gang goes to Garroth's to watch movies and eat popcorn."

I try to count up the amount of people who would be at this kind-of party. That's a lot of people... I start to get nervous and try to talk my way out of it.

"Do I have to go?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Just 'cause."

I sigh. "Explain."

"Well technically you owe me." she says. "Do you still have the smell on Sky's car?"

"We just ignored it." I say. It's true. After we failed to get the rotten egg smell out, we just tried to ignore it. I thought we just got used to it.

"Well me and my friends came and scrubbed it until it was fresh again." Katelyn explains. "It took a long time. You really do owe me."

"It's not my car." I point out. "It's Sky's."