Chapter 11: Creative Writing

Monday, September 28

Aphmau's POV

"Okay class, you're going to be writing a story with two partners." our teacher says. I look over at Shelby and Ross and make a hand motion to signal them as to say we're gonna be partners.

"And I will be picking your partners." Dang it.

He pulls out a cup with our names in it.

"Ross, Aaron, Kawaii~Chan." Dang it, won't be with Ross. Hopefully I'll be with people I know.

"Nicole, Isabel, Levin."

"Malachi, Shelby, Lillian." Great. I'm gonna be stuck with complete strangers.

"Nicole, Katelyn, Jeoffrey." They're lucky.

"Malachi, Kiki, Alexis."

"Cadenza, Aphmau, Lucinda." Who are they? I wonder. I look around and see a girl with orange hair and red eyes wave me over. She's either Cadenza or Lucinda.

I walk over to her. "Hey." I say shyly.

"Hey Aphmau!" she welcomes. "I'm Lucinda. Cadenza isn't here today, but we'll meet up with her after school."

"What do you mean by we'll see her later?" I ask. "If she's not here, then isn't she sick?"

"Yea she's sick." Lucinda says loudly. Her voice then goes down into a whisper. "She's really at the mall. There's some 3 hour sale going on from 11AM to 2PM and for some reason she can't miss it."

I nod. But I do wonder how she got out of school. You have to phone the school to mark you absent. Unless someone did it for her.

"Oh and if you're wondering how she ditched school, she went on the website, yes you can do that, and went to the page where you can report your absence." Lucinda explains. Useful information.

"Yea, it is pretty useful." Lucinda agrees. She looks at me and a look of realization dawns on her face. "Oh, sorry about that. I made a mind-reading potion in Potions class and well, I have this affect for about an hour. Don't worry, it'll wear off soon."

"Potions is a class?" I ask. "Why did I not see that on my form for choosing classes?"

"It's only for magick and witchcraft users." she explains. "I'm a witch so I take that class."

"You're a witch?" I say.

Lucinda groans. "Ugh, I've met so many people like you. When will you people understand that not all witches are not evil!"

"No nononono." I say quickly. "It's just I've never really met a witch and you're probably the first one I've ever talked to."

Her face softens. "I'd say that you're lying, but this mind-reading potion is really useful."

*Timeskip to Cadenza's House*

Lucinda knocks on Cadenza's door. Loudly.

"Shh!" I say. "She could be tired out from shopping!" I knew someone who would get tired out from shopping and would be in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I hope Cadenza isn't like that.

Suddenly someone opens the door. I expect it to be Cadenza, but instead it's Laurance.

"Cadenza's upstairs." he says. "Also, hey Aphmau."

I acknowledge him, not really saying anything. I follow Lucinda up the stairs into Cadenza's bedroom.

"Hey Lucinda!" Cadenza greets. "Hey new friend Aphmau!"

New friend? I just met her and already we're friends?

"So today I was shopping and I got all these clothes!" Cadenza starts. "The sales were so awesome and I got all these just for three-hundred dollars!"

"Woah Cadenza, isn't that a bit too expensive?" Lucinda asks.

"Nope!" she replies happily. "I saved all of this over the years and it finally feels good to spend it all!"

She changes the subject. "So why are you here?"

"Did you not get my text? We're supposed to make an original short story."

Cadenza checks her phone. "Oh." She thinks for a moment. "Okay, lets do this thing! Aphmau, start us off."

"What me?" I exclaim. They both smile. I try to think of something.

"Cadenza, maybe we should start with a title." Lucinda suggests.

"Sure!" she says. "What about 'Midnight'?"

"Okay." I say, writing this down. "But what would it be about?"

"I have an idea!" Lucinda says. "At the same time, we all say a word and that's what we'll make the story about, no matter how random it is."

"Sounds good!" Cadenza says. I smile and nod.

"Okay, three, two, one!"

"Cupcakes!"

"Vampires!"

"Sprinkles!"

We all laugh, as I start writing down the first sentence.

Midnight

One day, did you know there were secret cult of vampires that lived forever but not forever for their emotions were darkness like black hole....

Laurance's POV

Yes, I know this is wrong. But I can't help listening to them. Aphmau sounds so happy. I like hearing her laugh. They all sound happy. I smile, knowing my love is smiling.

AN: Hoppy Easter!