Chapter Two: Tests.

Mercedes Kelly

I knocked on the hotel room door of my client today and she opened it with a cheesy smile. I figured she was nervous. She greeted me with a hug and I walked in behind her with my makeup bags.

Doing people makeup and making money makes my day. It's my passion. I've done Beyonces, K Michelle, Mary J Blige and Ciara's makeup within this year. I guess social media gets you everywhere.

She sat down and let the people finish the finishing touches on her hair. Today was her wedding day and she asked me to hook her up with my makeup skills. I set up the materials on the dresser and started.

"Are you nervous?" I asked her while applying some concealer under her eyes. She bit her lip as I rubbed my foundation stick all over her skin.

"Very. I can't wait to get this over with. He's the love of my life." I smiled as she talked about her relationship.

"That's so cute. I can't wait until I get married." I cleaned off my brush.

"You'll be a beautiful bride one day. I'm sure you'll find the right one. Just wait on it." I thanked her while continuing.

If only that was true. The people I'm dealing with now have issues and I want no part of it. I applied the eyeshadow, eyeliner and eyelashes. After I finished her lips I was finished. She looked in the mirror and gasped loudly.

"It's so pretty! Thank god for you because my sister Lilian was gonna have me looking like a clown." I laughed and packed my stuff up.

"That is beautiful. She did a good job." Someone said from the back, I smiled and fiddled with my nails.

"You could stay for the wedding if you want to." She offered and I shook my head.

I have on grey sweatpants, a hoodie, my hair was in a messy bun and Nike slippers. That's not the right attire to wear for a wedding.

"Thanks. But I'm not dressed and, my mama wants me to come over." She nodded and got up to hug me before pulling out her wallet.

"How much?" I shook my head.

"No charge. Consider it as a gift from me. Congratulations on the marriage." We hugged once again and I left.

*

"Mama!" I yelled out into her house walking up the steps.

"Girl stop yelling in my goddamn house. Screaming like you crazy." She held her chest breathing heavily.

I laid on her bed and cuddled to her pillow. She rubbed Zoe's back as she slept under her. Zoe is Jarvis and Aaliyahs adopted 7 year old. Since she couldn't have kids, they adopted her a couple of months after we stopped talking.

I've seen Zoe a few times and she knows who I am and the role I play in her life. Shes such a cute innocent little girl.

"Where's my handsome chunky booty at?" She asked talking about Christian.

"He's with his bitch made ass father."

"Watch your mouth in my house." I waved her off and turned my attention towards a sleeping Zoe, "Now why is he bitch made?"

"He had his baby momma over while throwing shade at me. I understand she had to drop the baby off but she could've did that and kept moving."

"You think they're together?"

"I don't know and I don't care. He's my child's father not my man." I shrugged rubbing my hands through Zoe's long curly hair.