Chapter Twenty Eight: Stay Calm.

Odell Beckham Jr.

Marriage was a beautiful thing in life. When you've been with someone for a couple of years or months and you never get tired of being around them, that's love. A successful marriage requires falling in love and willing to anything with that one person.

The bad things I did in the past from cheating, lying, and breaking her heart I'm going to marry her as an apology to saying sorry. I'm marrying her because she's the mother of my kids and she's showed me love like no one ever did besides my family.

She was there for me when I had bad days and held a nigga down. She went through hell basically in this relationship all because of me and I don't want her to feel that way. I want her to feel secured along with my kids knowing I'm down with her for whatever. She's down for me and I'm down for her.

I'm praying that she doesn't turn this proposal down because she thinks I'm still fucking around with groupies, which I'm not. All that shit stopped when I realized I lost her the first time. That was the most depressing time I had in my life.

I was stressed and turned into an alcoholic for weeks and turned out in the emergency room. I felt mentally ill and insane without my baby in my life. I learned my lesson and lord knows I'll never do it again.

"Oh my god I can't believe my baby is getting married. Does she know anything about this?" Mama Lisa said collapsed her hand over her mouth.

It was Monday afternoon in a sunny Pittsburgh city and I invited her, my momma, her dad, Jarvis, Aaliyah, and Malaysia over to talk about her birthday plans and this whole proposal.

"Nah I want it to be a surprise party since her birthdays in nine days and decided to propose to her that day." I shrugged confessing my plans.

"That sounds like a good idea. Did you choose the ring yet?" I nodded knowing I came up with a final decision.

"Yeah, it's 73,000 dollars, not much." I said taking the box out of my sweatpants pocket showing them.

" I said taking the box out of my sweatpants pocket showing them

"That is gorgeous." My mama said as he eyes lit up in awe.

"I love it." Malaysia said.

"Not much? You're willing to pay all that damn money for my daughter then break her heart again?" Her father butted in.