Chapter Sixteen: I'm Sorry

Mercedes Kelly

I stood in the mirror singing and combed my hair into two buns

I stood in the mirror singing and combed my hair into two buns. Once I thought it was perfect I applied some Mac lip stick and dropped it in my purse before putting on my shades and going downstairs. Odell was sitting on the couch with his hands in his sweats watching Jerry Springer half asleep.

I shook my head and pulled the door handle making the alarm speak. He shot up and eyed me while I gave him a cheesy uneasy smile.

"Where you going?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to pick up Destiny and Chris from my mama house." I half lied.

"I'll come witchu then." He got up and I took a deep breath.

"No! Because I'm going to the Nail shop before I get them and you know how you act." He sat back down.

"Well here take this." He reached in his pocket and pulled out a 50 dollar bill handing it to me. "I'm not taking no for a answer."

"Thank you Odell. I'm taking your Rolls Royce?" I smiled before grabbing the keys from the rack and running out before he could say no.

"Don't wreck my shit!" He yelled from the door then closed it.

I pulled out of the circular driveway and drove to Aaliyahs and Jarvis gated community home. Of course I didn't tell Odell where I was really going because he would've acted a fool. I sat at the red light and played with the things in his car before taking a few pictures. This car is really nice.

"Work work work work something something dirt dirt dirt dirt." I sung along with the radio.

After getting out of traffic I arrived at the gate and couldn't get in. I remembered the number Jarvis told me to dial and I did. The gate opened a few seconds later letting me drive in. I rubbed my hands on my jeans before getting out.

I knocked and he opened the door with Basketball shorts on and a towel wrapped around his neck like he'd just got finished from playing basketball. I awkwardly scooted passed him and sat on the recliner placing my bag down.

"I didn't know you were going to show up." He chuckled throwing a shirt on.

"Cut the bullshit Jarvis. I'm here instead of being laid up with my man now what do you want?" I got straight to the point because I wasn't for playing games.

"Alright chill. I wanted to make things right with you and say sorry. It was wrong to try and make Liyah turn against you when you're sisters, blood at that."

"Why should I trust you?" I raised my eyebrows folding my arms.

"Cedes I talked to Aaliyah about this already a long time ago and I didn't know when to tell you. I've seen how she has the in law bond with Odell and I miss my little sister. I swear yo I'm sorry for everything that happened between us sis."

My trust is really fucked up coming from that situation from my sister, Alyssa, Odell and Jarvis.

"Ugh you lucky I have a heart. I accept your apology and I'm sorry but Odell still hates your presence."

"I know and if I pick Jeremy as my best man he's gonna be even more mad. I tried talking to him but he blocked me on every social media network and my number." He shrugged running his hand through his hair.

"I'll talk to him about it. What are the colors of the wedding?"

"Teal and white maybe orange."

"Dolphins colors?" I scrunched up my face at what he just pronounced.

"The one and only." He nodded smirking cockily.

"Ew that's hit but it's not my wedding. By the way don't let anybody who talks to Odell know I was here. I don't want him to be mad at me."

"He told you not to see me huh?" I nodded, "I gotcha in law."

"I'll see you later. Kiss my niece for me and tell her I love her."

*

"Mama who car is that outside?" I walked in the house twirling the keys in my hand.

"I have to tell you s-"

"Did you call me baby?" My father came downstairs holding a sleeping Chris in his hands.

"What is he doing here and why is my child in his hands?" I muttered lowly.

"Mercedes your father and I decided to get back together. If you don't like that you can leave my house."

I sighed before talking, "When did this happen? I thought y'all were getting a divorce."

"He and I had a long talk and we decided to leave all that alone and try again. I didn't like that we were throwing away a good marriage over something in the past."

"Well great I'm happy for you two. What about the other one?" I rolled my eyes mentioning her.

"She's your sister also Mercedes and she's upstairs with Destiny."

"Let me talk to her alone." My dad ushered my mom out of the room.

I ran my hands over my face before letting out a frustrating sigh. My mom left leaving the both of us alone.

"Your mom knew I fucked up and so did I. I fucked up knowing I had another daughter for another lady somewhere and didn't tell y'all.

I'm sorry I made you felt the way you felt. I love you so much Mercedes and I hope you know that. I just hope that one day you and Aaliyah could connect with Malaysia. Except for Jayden with his horny ass."

"Since my mama forgave you, why shouldn't I? It just frustrates me because I still think that bitch is trying to fuck Odell knowing that she's supposedly my sister now." I wiped my tears that ran down my face.

"Trust me she's not. She settled down with a handsome man."

"Wow, that makes it even better." I sarcastically said wiping my eyes with a tissue.

"I didn't miss that attitude of yours." He shook his head frowning.

"I get it from that lady in the kitchen."

"The devil is a fucking lie!" She yelled knowing she heard me with her nosey ass.

"See."