Chapter Twenty Five: Say That You're Sorry.

Mercedes Kelly

"Are you still mad at me?" Odell asked as he followed me around the house like a lost puppy.

"Is water wet?"

"Yeah. But I didn't ask you that smart ass." He said rolling his eyes.

I ignored him and walked in the kitchen. He stood behind me talking as I ignored his presence. I fixed myself some breakfast and sat at the barstool watching The Real talk about the latest news.

"Can I have some?" He asked leaning on the counter beside me looking at my food.

"How about you ask Sophia The First for some." I rolled my eyes.

"Cmon man you're still mad about that shit? It's been a week fuck stop being petty." Anger shot through my body as he thought this was a joke.

"Everything is funny to you but when you lose your girlfriend we'll see who's gonna laugh." I shot back.

"Alright chill. There's no reason for you to be mad at me in the first place. She's not supposed to be in our business because I know how these broads are." He said.

"She's your fuckin ex and you told her I was just a friend. Do you know how disrespectful that is to me? I'll just go to a fine random nigga on the street and introduce you to my 'friend' if you wanna see what it feels like."

"I wish the fuck you would." He said lowly while I cleaned my leftovers in the garbage can.

"See! But I'm the damn bad guy all the time! Shit, you didn't even tell her I was the mother of your kids." I placed my plate and fork in the sink.

"No, you're the mother of my son. You didn't sit in the hospital for hours and birthed Destiny." He corrected me.

That hit me.

"I'm raising her like she's mine though. Where the fuck is her lunatic ass momma who gave birth to her then? Who made her in the strip club? Where the fuck is she at Odell?! Tell her to raise her like she should then because she's damn sure not here." I yelled slamming my hand on the counter.

"Mercedes you blowing it way out of proportion now. Calm the fuck down when you're talking to me."

"Get the fuck out of my face you bitch ass nigga." I said pulling my hair into a ponytail because any moment I felt like me and this nigga was about to go at it.

"I love you okay? I don't love her, she's an ex for a reason." He said holding my hands down knowing what I was about to deliver.

"No you don't Odell. You wouldn't have said that shit if you did."

I slid on the floor with my back against the cabinets bursting out in full blown tears. I was so mad that I just feel like punching him dead in the face and right now I wanted him to fall off the face of the earth. But I knew I was just talking.

He sighed and walked towards me picking me up. I squirmed in his arms as he pulled me tightly to his chest. I just stopped and cried there.

"Take a deep breath and calm down. I don't need you worry about none of this shit alright? If you know who you really are to me don't worry about what I tell these bitches. It's none of their business." He said rubbing my head.

"Odell get off me. Leave me the fuck alone." I pushed him away and ran upstairs.

The killing part about it was that he didn't even say sorry.