Chapter 12 -The Game Plan-

Chapter 12 -The Game Plan- Final Part

"Mac, what did you mean by 'irresistible'?" Fluttershy asked as BigMac handed her a lunch tray.

BigMac reached into his back pocket and handed Fluttershy a folded up piece of paper. She glanced at the paper then back to BigMac in confusion.

"Go ahead and open it, I'll get your lunch." BigMac said as he picked from the lunch buffet and filled up both lunch trays and carried them to a lunch table in the corner of the cafeteria where they sat together.

The piece of paper unfolded was a flyer with big words saying "Grand Galloping Gala". It had a blue and purple night sky with fireworks littered all over it.

The Grand Galloping Gala was a dance that Principle Celestia holds at Cantorlot High every spring to commemorate the changing of the seasons.

It may seem like a "normal" dance, but for the past few years it felt more like Cantorlot High had its own circus when the Grand Galloping Gala came around. There would be music, dancing, petting zoos, horse rides, etc.

All of these extravagant things were not really related to changing seasons, but no one complained.

"The Grand Galloping Gala? What are we going to do with this?" Fluttershy asked while munching on some mini sandwiches that BigMac had gotten her.

"We gonna' have yuh' run." BigMac answered as he sipped his soda.

"R-run?! Y-you don't mean..." Fluttershy asked worriedly.

BigMac almost smirked as he patted Fluttershy's shoulder.

"Dun' you worry bout' a thing, Fluttershy. I've asked your friend's help already." He said as he placed all of his trash onto his tray.

To run for Gala Queen...this is insane!

Fluttershy thought to herself as she stared at the dance flyer in shock with a hint of fear.

Suddenly, Fluttershy's friends surrounded her at the lunch table, practically pushing BigMac out of the way.

All of their eyes were lit up in excitement but Fluttershy could only feel her heart beating even faster.

"Oh darling!! Are you honestly really going to run for Gala Queen?! That's so bold of you!" Rarity said with the flick of her curled hair.

"BigMac said you felt like becoming Queen would help you with your insecurities! That's great! But I'm not quite sure how running in this election will help you with your crippling anxiety and social awkwardness but I'm sure things will work out!" Pinkie said as she bounced in place, causing the table to shake a bit.

"Pinkie, please! Calm down will yah you weirdo!" Dashie said with the roll of her eyes. "Don't listen to her, pal. She's just being blunt as usual."

"Now, now ev'rone. Nu'h need to overwhel' poor Fluttershy here. Were he'r to help, reme'ber?" Applejack finally said as she held a protective stance between Fluttershy and the other girls.

"She's right, guys. Fluttershy, we are your best friends and we are more than happy to help you in any way we can." Twilight said in a calm way with a small smile of support towards Fluttershy.

Fluttershy wasn't sure which emotion was stronger; her feelings of dread and fear for running as Gala Queen, or her happiness and relief she felt because of her friends.

"You guys..." Fluttershy said softly as tears welled up at the rims of her eyes. Never before has she felt so lucky to have such amazing friends like the ones she has.

Everyone patted Fluttershy on the head and shoulders as a mutual form of appreciation and respect.

Even BigMac offered his help.

He would run for Gala King as her partner.

"All right guys, let's decide on our roles in getting BigMac and Fluttershy as the Gala King and Queen. I can help coordinate where to put poster boards that will give the most effective results. Additionally, I could manage to get some of the Chess Club and Science Olympian Club members to vote." Twilight said as everyone began to get down to business.

"I can host rallies to gain a broader voting range. And I can see if some of the soccer ball and tennis teams can give us some votes." Dashie noted as she pretended to do some soccer tricks with an invisible soccer ball.

"I can design and begin working on BigMac and Fluttershy's outfits they will wear to the Gala. It'll be glorious! And I have many admirers and fans, so if I just ask I'm sure we'll gain their vote." Rarity said as she already began to take measures of BigMac's broad shoulders and back.

"I can host a butt load of parties and show everyone that Fluttershy and BigMac are awesome people! I can even print out a bunch of fliers and post them around the school and hand them out!" Pinkie said with uncontrolled happiness as she hopped in place with a soft squeal.

"An' to add to yer parties, I can hold bake sales and spread the word to da' Rodeo club and Country Cross club." Applejack finally said as she took out the family brochure with their varieties of pies.

Everyone was in a scramble for the Gala and Fluttershy could only see blurs for the next few weeks.

That is...until she saw Discord's and Chrysallis's campaigning poster for competing Gala King and Queen.