Chapter 9 -The Ex-

Chapter 9 -The Ex-

It was finally the weekend, all the girls were trying to recover from PinkiePie's crazy party from the night before.

Everyone sat at a table at the local StallionBucks and gratefully drank their coffees.

"My legs are so sore..." -Twilight

"I was nearly blinded by the sun when we left Pinkie's this morning..." -RainbowDash

"I still can't hear a darn thang' you guys r'a sayin'..." -AppleJack

"My beautiful face feels simply disgusting..." -Rarity

"Oh come on guys! It was still an awesome party!" PinkiePie whined, whom was the only one that didn't get a coffee. She got a smoothie instead.

Everyone gingerly nodded their heads so that they wouldn't hurt Pinkie's feelings. It was quiet then.

RainbowDash looked over at Fluttershy who was staring at her coffee that she barely drank.

"Hey...are you all right?"

"Hmm? Oh...yeah. Just um...tuckered out from partying yesterday."

RainbowDash continued to look at Fluttershy for a moment longer, then went back to sipping her coffee.

The truth was, that Fluttershy wasn't okay. The Twat she read yesterday was still on her mind and it wasn't helping her at all.

Fluttershy felt like she was barely hanging on a thread, and if that thread snapped, she would just shatter. She began to go into a deep dark place inside herself but a familiar voice caught her attention.

"Hey guys, wacha' all up to?"

It was BigMac. It was no doubt. No one's voice was deep but soothing as BigMac's.

Fluttershy couldn't help but look up at him with his red flannel shirt covering his broad chest.

Before anything else ran through her head, their old chemistry caused her to mentally cringe.

It was middle school. They had been a couple for about 2 years but something happened.

Mrs. Cheerilee happened.

A certain crusader group tried to hook up BigMac and Mrs. Cheerilee because they noticed that Mrs. Cheerlie seemed lonely.

A big misunderstanding but it still hurt Fluttershy. BigMac was the first guy to have gotten so close to her, besides Angel of course.

Their breakup wasn't pretty either. For them or AppleJack.

But that was nearly 3 years ago and Fluttershy didn't know how to talk to BigMac anymore. He was a...close stranger? That was the only way she could put it.

"Hey Fluttershy..." BigMac said softly which directed Fluttershy's attention solely on him.

He was staring right at her, ignoring the worried glances between the other girls. Fluttershy couldn't speak for a moment until BigMac spoke for her.

"Wanna' go for a' walk?" He asked while gesturing his head towards the door.

Without Fluttershy realizing it, her legs picked up and started to follow BigMac out onto the sidewalk.

Not caring about her friend's nervous glances either.

Once they were down the road, Fluttershy let out a long held in sigh. BigMac glanced over at her as his hands went into his pockets.

"Sumthin' on yer mind?" He asked softly as a couple of kids ran past him.

Fluttershy glanced at him then back in front of her.

Should I tell him? We were really close...before. What could he do anyways? Besides listen...not sure what he's capable of doing. Maybe if I ask nicely, he'll punch Discord's face i--that's really mean Fluttershy!

Fluttershy shook her head to toss the thought out before she began to argue with herself more.

"Thank you BigMac but I'll be all right...just some, um, guy problems." Fluttershy said, which wasn't entirely a lie.

BigMac simply nodded his head.

Just when Fluttershy thought that it was going to be dropped BigMac suddenly broke the silence.

"Wanna' make 'im jealous?"

Fluttershy could only stare at BigMac as they stopped at a crosswalk. BigMac kept his eyes straight with a relaxed look on his face.

"May I ask...how?" Was all that Fluttershy could manage.

BigMac's lips began to perk upwards into a gentle smile.

"It's Discord...it's bin' goin' around da' school. I can help you geht' 'im jealous."

Fluttershy was surprised with BigMac's offer.

Should I take it? Should I let him help me?

With the faint gleam in BigMac's eyes, Fluttershy couldn't conjure up a 'no' to his offer.

With the nod of her head, Fluttershy and BigMac began to plan their game plan while walking along the sidewalk.

----------

Okay guys, here's your next dosage of Shycord. :) make it last, at least for a little while.

Sorry, my lovely readers. Keep an eye out for the next chapter. :D