Chapter 17 - Facing the Truth-

Chapter 17 - Facing the Truth -

Things were going great for Discord. 

He didn't care what happened to the Gala, it wasn't his intention to go through with it, it was all for show for Chrysalis anyways. 

He had the girl he had been yearning for the past few months in his arms, and although he completely screwed up before, she still came to him. She purposefully sought him out, and nothing made him more happier than that.

That was until the dark thought crossed his mind.

The Kamakazis...her girl friends...the entire school...

No one, not one single person at the school, would approve of their relationship.

He personally didn't care what would happen to him but, Fluttershy, she would get torn to pieces. He had to protect her.

Even from himself if he had to.

"Fluttershy...no one can know about us...better yet, we shouldn't even be together..." Discord admitted as he sat up, looking up at the starry sky.

"W...What? What d-do you mean Discord?" Fluttershy asked with worry, sitting up as well and grabbing onto his sleeve.

Discord didn't look at her. He was still trying to put the words together in his head before he really hurt what was going on between them. He had worked so hard and waited so long for this moment, one wrong thing and it could be all over.

"D...discord please..." Fluttershy quietly begged while tugging on his sleeve.

He finally looked at her. His eyes were full of sadness as he gently stroked Fluttershy's cheek.

"We can't be together...we can't be in love, babe...You'll get hurt...either by those at school or even by me...and...and if that happens, I could never forgive myself..." Discord admitted, trying his best to not waver although every word he said tasted like acid.

Fluttershy flickered between his eyes, searching for a sign. 

But when she realized that he was being completely serious all she could do was whimper and lower her head in sadness. She had worked so hard to be by his side, and all he could do was reject her. 

Tears began to well up at the rims of her eyes as the thought of all her efforts being for nothing, got worse and worse.

"S-so...this was f-for nothing?" Fluttershy managed to ask before she started to sob, covering her eyes before he could see her smeared mascara.

Discord could feel his throat tighten up as it pained him to see her cry before him. He carefully and gently pulled Fluttershy against his chest and rubbed her back, attempting to soothe her sorrow.

"Flutterboo...I'm...I'm so sorry...I just...I'm not strong enough to protect you..." Discord said softly as he brushed a strand of her hair away from her ear. She sobbed more against his chest, trying to be as quiet as she could.

After a few moments, Fluttershy pulled away and tried to wipe her tears without messing up her makeup too much. She seemed to have finally collected herself enough to sit up straight and face Discord with determination.

"N-no..." she tried to say as stern as she could. Discord raised an eyebrow and stared at the girl before him.

"E...Ex-excuse me?" Discord questioned, pulling his hands away from Fluttershy's shoulders.

"No! You are not throwing me away just like that!" Fluttershy blurted out through her tears, Discord raised his hands in surrender in case Fluttershy threw punches. Discord realized a long time ago that you never knew with this girl.