Chapter 15 -The Grand Galloping Gala-

Chapter 15 -The Grand Galloping Gala- Part 2

"Y-you what?!" Fluttershy muttered out of shock.

Discord simply chuckled as he leaned in closer towards Fluttershy, his lips were inches from her ear.

"I've missed you, sweetheart." He whispered passionately so that she was the only one to have heard him.

Fluttershy could feel her ear burn up in embarrassment as Discord pulled away. She opened her mouth to speak but suddenly a familiar voice had called her name.

"Fluttershy! Theyur' au'bout to ann'younce the gala can'dy-dates." BigMac said as he approached her.

He held his tux jacket as well as Fluttershy's shawl on his arm. It only took a few moments for him to notice Discord and on instinct, he stood in front of Fluttershy.

Discord's eyes darkened in anger while BigMac leveled with him. For a few moments, the two males had a glaring contest.

This allowed Fluttershy to snap out of her trance and grab BigMac by the arm.

"We should get going." She said softly as she began to drag him towards the stage.

She couldn't look Discord in the eyes, she feared that she might go under another one of his spells. BigMac fought for a moment but eventually reluctantly followed her.

Crowds of students and faculty were surrounding the stage as Principal Celestia made her way through with a microphone in her hand. A few students helped her onto stage where she cleared her throat to gather everyone's attention.

"Welcome one and all to this magnificent event for all of you! I hope you all are satisfied with your Grand Galloping Gala!" Principal Celestia said which was answered with a scatter of cheers and excitement.

At this moment, everyone was handed a 3x3 cardstock with the words "Gala Candidates" in large words at the top. Below it were checklist boxes with the names: Discord, Crysalis, BigMac, and Fluttershy in that respective order.

"Right now, every student here is going to be given a voting card to pick your Gala King and Queen! Please mark your decision at the voting booths to my sides. My Vice Principal Luna with tally the votes and I will announce the winners before the Grand Firework show!" Principal Celestia said as she placed the microphone back onto its stand.

After the short announcement, everyone went back to celebrating and having a grand time at the gala. Fluttershy made sure that she stuck by BigMac's side and her friends because she couldn't risk getting trapped under another Discord spell.

"I'm sure you guys will win! I've seen a lot of cards so far and they almost all say you and BigMac!" Twilight said with a smile as she patted Fluttershy on the shoulder.

"Maybe people are just voting for them so they don't have to vote for Discord and Crysalis." Dashie said with the shrug which made everyone in the group look at her. "Sorry..."

"I really don't mind. If I lose that's no big deal, I'm just glad to have had this experience." Fluttershy lied.

"Dun' worry a'but it Fluttershy. I'm glad t'uh have dis' experience with yuh." BigMac said with a chuckle as he side hugged her for support.

Fluttershy couldn't help but feel relieved in BigMac's embrace.

Suddenly, Fluttershy felt the hairs on her neck stand up. She frantically scanned around to see what was the source for her fear. Then she made eye contact with glaring, scarlet eyes.

Discord was on the other side of the field with his Kamakazi friends who had set a few things on fire and left it on a metal bench to make their own personal bonfire. Crysalis was on Discord's arm with her lips kissing along his jawline.

But as always, his eyes was always piercing through Fluttershy's soul.

It confused her as to why he was upset this time. That's when she noticed that she was still pressed against BigMac's chest with his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

Is he actually jealous, again?

"Hey Fluttershy, you haven't voted yet, right? Let's go together!" Pinkie said in excitement all of a sudden as she grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the voting booth.

Fluttershy stood behind the curtains with only a single lightbulb to luminate the Gala options.

Let's try and decide which Queen to vote for first. You should vote for yourself...but that would be selfish...but if you vote for Crysalis...then she'd win over this entire time...just vote for yourself! You've worked hard to get here!

Fluttershy hesitantly marked the box next to her name on the cardstock.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the wall.

"Hey! Are you done yet?! Hurry up, silly!" Pinkie said through the wall, obviously excited.

Now to pick the King...it'll only be logical to pick BigMac because he not only ran with me but I'm sure he picked me to be Queen...but Discord...

Something deep in Fluttershy begged for her to pick Discord as her King vote.

For an entire 5 minutes, Fluttershy antagonized over who to choose until she finally marked Discord's name with her eyes closed.

Another knock on the wall made her jump in surprise. Quickly, she folded her vote and shoved it into the voting box.

"There was no need to rush me Pink--" Fluttershy started but she was interrupted because she bumped straight into the devil's chest.

"Oh my, Fluttershy. People will start bad rumors the more you switch between guy's arms." Discord said softly with a chuckle as he steadied her.

Fluttershy's eyes widened as she jerked away in shock.

Oh no...not Discord...I can't let him see me after what I've just done!

Quickly, before Discord could say anything else, Fluttershy fled past him back to where her friends were.

She could still feel Discord maroon-dark eyes watching her leave.

Fluttershy managed to avoid eye contact with him for the rest of the Gala until the Gala King and Queen results were gonna be announced.

Everyone began to cluster around the stage to find out who has won in anticipation. Principal Celestia stood in the center of the stage with the spotlight on her.

"I will now announce the winners...and they are..."

--------------------
Ooohhh! I love leaving you babies off on a cliff hanger!

But there is definitely tension between Discord and Fluttershy now, huh?! I hope you guys are loving it!

Also, listen to this:

"Piper is miserable being at his grandparents for the summer...there's nothing to do and he has nobody to spend it with...that's until he meets Grace. She's all he's dreamed about and he feels like he's known her forever...but something is strange about her...will Piper ever find out?"

If this sounds interesting to you, please go read my new story "A String of Carnival Lights". It only have two chapters but I'll be working on it!

I love you guys! My sweet little babies! Enjoy! :3